RE4 playthrough...

Last response: in Video Games
June 22, 2005 12:06:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Right, I'm playing through RE4 now, and I underestimated both how easy I
expected it to be. Then I overestimated how hard it would be from how
shocked I was. Then I underestimated how interactive it was - especially
the 'shooting of the well to stop the pendant getting dirty'.

So anyway, up to the point where I can buy stuff, and I'm wondering if
it's worth me getting the rifle? I know I could probably pick off some
'zombies' with it right near where I am right now (that sounded like
TERRIBLE English - EEK!). Or is it better me saving up/what?

Is it worth me getting the treasure map? There may be herbs/things I
miss out usually and it'd be helpful to have them on the map...

Any help would be good.
So far nothing too tricky. Died twice (well, three times, one in this
game because I clicked continue). Once with the bolder changing the
dodge from (b) to (L) & (R), and once when all the zombies storm into
the house after you (because I didn't use the shotgun/knife).

Any advice?

--
Tr0n²
--

More about : re4 playthrough

June 22, 2005 12:06:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Treasure map - no. Buy it(them) on a re-play. Only treasures are shown. I
recomend the rifle. It has good fire power at any distance. It isn't
absolutely necessary, but it helps. There is a better rifle for sale later,
and I think that one is a must have.
Susan
June 22, 2005 2:59:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Here's my recommendation for the first time you play. Buy the rifle,
use it to pick off as many people as you can through the gaps in the
wall. Be patient and keep scanning around until there's no one else
moving. Then sell the rifle back to the merchant. Sure, you lose money
in the deal, but you'll get a better rifle later, and you'll have saved
yourself a little grief in your current area. Or you can keep the rifle
and use it for some of the tougher medallions, assuming you have enough
ammo. You'll definitely want the better rifle later!

I never bought any of the treasure maps.

Tr0n² wrote:
> Right, I'm playing through RE4 now, and I underestimated both how easy I
> expected it to be. Then I overestimated how hard it would be from how
> shocked I was. Then I underestimated how interactive it was - especially
> the 'shooting of the well to stop the pendant getting dirty'.
>
> So anyway, up to the point where I can buy stuff, and I'm wondering if
> it's worth me getting the rifle? I know I could probably pick off some
> 'zombies' with it right near where I am right now (that sounded like
> TERRIBLE English - EEK!). Or is it better me saving up/what?
>
> Is it worth me getting the treasure map? There may be herbs/things I
> miss out usually and it'd be helpful to have them on the map...
>
> Any help would be good.
> So far nothing too tricky. Died twice (well, three times, one in this
> game because I clicked continue). Once with the bolder changing the
> dodge from (b) to (L) & (R), and once when all the zombies storm into
> the house after you (because I didn't use the shotgun/knife).
>
> Any advice?

June 22, 2005 3:05:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Hey there yep I totally agree with Susan, I didn't get the treasure map at
all only due to the fact that my patience went a long way. What I mean is
I took the time to look at everything around me, make sure you check the
nests in the trees, they have hidden treasures as well but if you want to,
buy the map but like Susan said, maybe on your second time through the
game. You won't miss out on herbs because they are not apart of the
treasure map but a hint if you don't already know, there a boxes with
snakes in it. If you want to be risky and smash the box with a knife,
make sure you slash the box so that you get the snake as well. The snakes
give you eggs which are of course to help with health recovery, sometimes
I get a bit lazy and just use the handgun on the box and the snake. With
the rifle, I didn't purchase it until I got to the castle, I got the
semi-auto rifle which is such an awesome gun once upgraded. There are
some bits in the game where I needed the rifle like for example when
Ashley has to get up by herself and deal with the cranks on the platform.
I just stood Leon in the middle of the room and sniper'd the enemies
approaching her. Sorry for rambling on but hope this helps ya!
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 12:14:18 AM

Wulf wrote:
> Here's my recommendation for the first time you play. Buy the rifle,
> use it to pick off as many people as you can through the gaps in the
> wall. Be patient and keep scanning around until there's no one else
> moving. Then sell the rifle back to the merchant. Sure, you lose money
> in the deal, but you'll get a better rifle later, and you'll have saved
> yourself a little grief in your current area. Or you can keep the rifle
> and use it for some of the tougher medallions, assuming you have enough
> ammo. You'll definitely want the better rifle later!
>
> I never bought any of the treasure maps.

I may do that.
I killed off about 4 guy's - but they overwhelmed me soon after. There
was also the fact there is a spawning point just to your left when
you're aiming, so all of a sudden a guy will emerge out of nothingness
(I've seen this) and try to attack you, wasting even more ammo.

I may go without the treasure map - seeing as how it seems to only give
you 'treasures'.

--
Tr0n²