I had my laptop fixed due to windows xp not starting up

Jaide353

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
Hello,
Can anyone help. I had my laptop fixed due to windows xp not starting up. My laptop will load data cd’s i.e. excel, word ete, but it won’t load DVD’s or pc cd’s or dvd games.

However when I put a DVD or cd in the d drive I can hear it trying to connect but nothing happens no error messages it’s like it trying to do something. Before it was fixed there were no problems with DVD’s or cd’s.

I tried deleting the upper and lower filters but in {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} there is only the lower filters no upper filters.

I have tried Allow active content to run on my computer. I have tried changing the speed and still nothing.

Can anyone help please

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Have you updated the drivers for your optical drive? You should be able to get them from your laptop manufacturer's website.

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Your optical drive is better know as your CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive, where you insert discs.

What brand is your laptop? Their website should have drivers.

Jaide353

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
My driver is - DVD/CD-ROM TEAC DV-W24C. Before it was fixed it as a writer reason to why I bought this laptop. However it will not write now.

Does this mean I will have to buy a new driver?

Is there no way I can download something to get it working properly?

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
You didn't answer my question. I asked what brand your laptop is, lol.

Btw, DRIVE = the physical DVD/CD-ROM. DRIVER is the software that lets you use the DRIVE better.