Zalman Position if northbridge is in the way.

ktmazter

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2007
Hey guys, I recently purchased new computer parts after 5 years of using the same specs. T'll this day I still run my computer on 512 ram. hah. Anyway, my question is the position of the zalman cnps9500 92mm fan. The motherboard (DFI Blood Iron) i purchased may cause problems with the northbridge (might be too close and interfere with the zalman). If it cant fit the normal way which i assume is the fan positioned and facing towards the east, Can i possibly have it facing north or south? The case I will be having it run in is the Antec 900.

It would help too if there may be any potential weight issues and stress on the motherboard or air traffic in the case if positioned differently. Thanks.

I have one very old MB I mounted a Zalman 9500 to and have the fan facing north. The system runs fine and the CPU temps are well within specs. I do loose the heat being directed to the rear exhaust fan, but it works fine that way.

ktmazter

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2007
Hey i just saw Tom's hardware testing model for 2008 and they have the Zalman Fan facing south for their testing? so does it really matter? Cause by the look of it..it doesnt seem like my fan will fit normally on the motherboard?