ACER Laptoop

Honeychile

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
My Acer laptop 5108 series will not power on with ot without the AC adapter. When I first purchased it a little over a year ago, it would power on when the battery was removed and with just the AC adapter. Now it won't power on either way. Can you PLEASE HELP ME?

Don't think you will get help from here, sounds like a hardware issue. Seems like you bought it with an issue, it just got worse.

First, check the AC adapter, try a new/different one. Then have the power connector checked, but could be further issues with it aside from just a loose power connector. Can't find any info on the 5108 model at all, google gets nothing. If the laptop is more than a few years old, would be cheaper to get a new one than to bring it in to a shop to fix.

Honeychile

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
Thank you for your reply! My power connector is gone and I will buy a new one this weekend. Yes you are right...I have had issues with this laptop from day one! I will NEVER buy an Acer again!!

If you bought it used, no need to blame ACER, many laptops develop power issues. All batteries eventually will fail, and the power connector gets abused more than anything else aside from maybe they keyboard. People yanking on it sideways, tripping over the cord and pulling it, etc...