  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 9:20:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Hmmmm... I'm really disappointed.

I thought there'd be more to the game, more interaction between Leon and
- well any - other people!

The cut scenes were REALLY short, and there weren't very many. You had 2
or 3 with Krauser (?) and none of them really delved into his character
at all. Ada had 5 perhaps, and again - very little dialog or interaction.
Leon seemed overly concerned when that scientist guy dies, even though
he met him on 3 occasions before? All for a few minutes.
The interaction with the two main guys (Erm, Saddler and that other
short guy) was funny at times I guess, but became routine after a little.

I expected more interaction between the characters, and more storyline
than this! Although RE4 is nice to play, and some parts were very nice
(Ada's letter floating through the window in the form of the plane) I
just don't see some links. (Ada waiting for Leon in a Boat - any reason?
The scene is 3 minutes long and only has her running off. There's no
point to it!)

The inclusion of some 'RE-style' parts were nice and cliché. The ceiling
with spikes, the room just before it, with armour and moving the statues
into place. The collecting of ornament pieces to stick in the wall, and
shooting of certain objects - and even the 'Ada DEFINITELY threw in the
rocket launcher this time!' fact.

Well, I'm off to do real-world things, and then collapse from the heat.
Have fun.

--
Tr0n²
--

More about : re4 spoilers

July 12, 2005 3:51:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

TrOn,
If Capcom explained too much in the cut scenes, they'd have nothing to
confuse you with in RE5!!! Ada was heading off to the island to do her
mission and was kind enough to give Leon a ride in her boat. Perhaps the
Japanesse version of Biohazard 4 had more in the cut scenes than what we
got. I'm personally glad they didn't make the story line any more confusing
than it already is.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 2:18:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:20:24 +0100, Tr0n² <old486whizz@hotmail.com>
wrote:

|Hmmmm... I'm really disappointed.
|
|I thought there'd be more to the game, more interaction between Leon and
|- well any - other people!

|The cut scenes were REALLY short, and there weren't very many. You had 2
|or 3 with Krauser (?) and none of them really delved into his character
|at all. Ada had 5 perhaps, and again - very little dialog or interaction.
|Leon seemed overly concerned when that scientist guy dies, even though
|he met him on 3 occasions before? All for a few minutes.
|The interaction with the two main guys (Erm, Saddler and that other
|short guy) was funny at times I guess, but became routine after a little.
|
|I expected more interaction between the characters, and more storyline
|than this! Although RE4 is nice to play, and some parts were very nice
|(Ada's letter floating through the window in the form of the plane) I
|just don't see some links. (Ada waiting for Leon in a Boat - any reason?
|The scene is 3 minutes long and only has her running off. There's no
|point to it!)
|
|The inclusion of some 'RE-style' parts were nice and cliché. The ceiling
|with spikes, the room just before it, with armour and moving the statues
|into place. The collecting of ornament pieces to stick in the wall, and
|shooting of certain objects - and even the 'Ada DEFINITELY threw in the
|rocket launcher this time!' fact.
|
|Well, I'm off to do real-world things, and then collapse from the heat.
|Have fun.

|--
|Tr0n²

I said pretty much the same thing when I finished the game. Hopefully
they can get a better mix of story and gameplay next time around.