rediculously high Aux temp in speedfan -Help!

Xpyrofuryx

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
Okay I set up my friends computer and startedd prepping for OC, I got speedfan and then I saw a temp at 127C and its all on stock. It says its at AUX w/e that is. I have no idea what aux is and everything is set up right. Its at a constant 127C tho and I heard aux is a phantom temp, should I be worried?

CompuTronix

Intel Master
xpyrofuryx, the following is from the Core 2 Quad and Duo Temperature Guide: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/221745-29-core-quad-temperature-guide

Your question is answered toward the end of the paragraph.

Section 8: Tools

Note 3: SpeedFan is very flexible and is the temperature monitoring utility of choice. SpeedFan detects and labels thermal sensors according to various motherboard, chipset and super I/O chip configurations, so the Tcase label can be CPU, Temp 1, Temp 2, or Temp 3. Even if Tcase is labeled as CPU, it is still necessary to confirm the identity of Tcase prior to conducting Calibrations. Run Prime95 and note which SpeedFan temperature scales with an Idle to Load Delta similar to the Cores. This will identify the label corresponding to Tcase. Labels can later be renamed using the Configure button, (see Section 11). If a temperature shows a flame icon, this indicates alarm limits which require adjustment. Use the Configure button to set CPU and Core temp alarms to Safe Scale. If a temperature shows Aux 127, this is simply an unassigned input which can be disabled using the Configure button. CPU`s with Steppings which are Tjunction Max 100c typically require +15c Core Offsets. See Section 11.

Comp :sol: