Sign in with
Your question

AMD X2 5600+ Temperature.

Last response: in CPUs
September 26, 2007 12:02:08 AM

Hi,

New computer has been setup and running for about 2 weeks now. It's perfectly fine and not overheating, though i'm wondering about the temperature the CPU should be on load. Right now, it's running around 48-50°C but the CPU fan is running at 5600rpm and is just a bit noisy. I'm wondering if i should think about getting another type of cooling system for the CPU. Will any fan running at this speed will be noisy ? I really want something silent and efficient. So, any suggestions, comments ?

Regards,

trep

More about : amd 5600 temperature

September 26, 2007 12:43:29 AM

Mine was actually running 42 to 44 C when i first got it, I purchased and highly recommend the arctic colling freezer 64 pro, it runs 35c to 38c idle, and has never gone above 45 C full load. I will tell you, the thing was a bitch to put on, hope you have a decent size case and a little patience.
September 26, 2007 1:16:40 AM

Thing is that it won't go up 48-49°C on full load, but fan will jump to 6200rpm. Then, on idle, the fan will slowly slow down but CPU temp stays the same for a while. My case has only one 120mm fan on the back, maybe i should add one to the front for hot air to flow better ?

trep
Related resources
September 26, 2007 12:31:53 PM

Well,

The temp doesn't go under 46-47 on idle but it won't go higher than 49 on full load.

I'm guessing there's no worry to have with this.

trep-
September 27, 2007 1:21:52 AM

Ive been told that the mid 40's are average, i was just used to my cpu's running in the thirties, I wouldnt sweat it, if it's not going over, would be a bad thing to pit a fan(preferably a 120mm) in the front to push cool air into the front, so the back fan can push it out.
September 27, 2007 1:08:00 PM

Yea, that's what i was thinking. Sticking another 120mm in the front would help flow air better i guess.

trep-
September 27, 2007 1:40:10 PM

there is also the possibility of skewed thermal readings - and your CPU actually not going past 45°C (it's not rare to have a 10°C skew). A BIOS update sometimes fixes that.
September 27, 2007 2:04:31 PM

And whats the problem for most people about a higher temp anyway? As long as it's in the safe operating temp range, i'd not worry.
Our Pc's tend to run a bit hotter than most peoples because on the whole we go with stock HSF and buy cheaper cases to keep costs down. All our Pc's last till they obsolete.
October 8, 2007 2:25:47 AM

i'm having some serious problems w/ my 5600+ and they are very funny too:

processor fan that came w/ the processor is making a loud noise at 48C. temperature keeps rising to around 57C or so, it reached 60C sometime but its staying around 57C.

ok i think it may be best to put in extra cooling fans in my case, because it makes a difference. the fact is the heatsink fan makes noise which is bad. now this is where things get funny:

put in my 5600+ processor and heatsink/fan in another board, another machine/case etc. temperature stayed around 46C idle (instead of 50C as in other machine) and fan didnt even start to make any noise at that temp.

could it be that my board was the problem? msi k9gm2-fih board.

i really think i should get a new fan and put in some case coolers but still i think that it could have worked a bit better. i have a 8500GT vid card in there too and that is a lot of heat itself but still that cpu temperature shouldn't be so high.

so could the problem be the fan or the motherboard? the facts:
fan makes noise in one machine and doesnt in another at the same temperature
fan not supposed to make noise at all
need some case cooling fans
temperature shoulnt go over 50C idle with the fan making noise

any help or advice is greatly appreciated. i just installed the processor and set up my new system and this is how it works :( 

take care.
October 8, 2007 5:07:37 AM

yehvaada said:
i'm having some serious problems w/ my 5600+ and they are very funny too:

processor fan that came w/ the processor is making a loud noise at 48C. temperature keeps rising to around 57C or so, it reached 60C sometime but its staying around 57C.

ok i think it may be best to put in extra cooling fans in my case, because it makes a difference. the fact is the heatsink fan makes noise which is bad. now this is where things get funny:

put in my 5600+ processor and heatsink/fan in another board, another machine/case etc. temperature stayed around 46C idle (instead of 50C as in other machine) and fan didnt even start to make any noise at that temp.

could it be that my board was the problem? msi k9gm2-fih board.

i really think i should get a new fan and put in some case coolers but still i think that it could have worked a bit better. i have a 8500GT vid card in there too and that is a lot of heat itself but still that cpu temperature shouldn't be so high.

so could the problem be the fan or the motherboard? the facts:
fan makes noise in one machine and doesnt in another at the same temperature
fan not supposed to make noise at all
need some case cooling fans
temperature shoulnt go over 50C idle with the fan making noise

any help or advice is greatly appreciated. i just installed the processor and set up my new system and this is how it works :( 

take care.
I'd say your board is just reading the temp wrong, and is making your fan spin faster because it thinks its too warm.

I don't think a change of case, would lower the temp that much.
October 11, 2007 9:20:08 AM

hi king. ty for your advice. you were sort of right.

when i installed windows (that temp i was reading previously was from the bios), and installed the chipset drivers, for the board and processor, the temperature in windows and BIOS decreased. the back of my board was slightly normal too. it decreased to around 38C or so (idle).

either the board finally 'broke in' or the chipset drivers do really make a difference.

either way thanks... take care

October 12, 2007 9:38:28 PM

good i love this processor, mine is running at 31C right now, and as quiet as a church mouse.
October 14, 2007 8:58:19 AM

me

stock cooling
fan 3000 rpm @ 50 degrees and below (or it jumps to 4500rpm if it touches 51 degrees)
33 degrees idle with cool n quiet
49-50 degrees load depending on room temprature
1x 120mm case fan
April 27, 2008 4:39:59 AM

hmm, thats strange, everyone here has extremly high temps, my cpu (5600+ x2, oced to 3.0 ghz) idles at 16-18c, 38c full load(cinebench, id gues it would reach 40-42 in crysis), with coolnquiet, without, idle is 27. keep in mind that 35c is like, 100F. this is with stock cooling on an asus m2A-vm GREEN addition.
a c 111 à CPUs
May 18, 2008 4:04:41 PM

MSI 790fx
OEM X2 5600+ w/ Opty copper heatpipe cooler & AS5: Idles 25-27c at 2.8GHz

Highest I got (I think :)  - stopped paying attention) was 40-42c at load, +.1v and 3.2GHz+
May 18, 2008 5:50:50 PM

Wow, my Opty @ 2.9Ghz 1.47V likes to stay around 37-40 idle depending on room temp then up to 50-55 under load, again depending on room temp. Im using a lapped AF64 Pro. Its nearly silent, at least for me, cant hear anything over my 3 120mm fans, lol.

To OP: I would defanatly add a second fan, I dont like running less than 2, but thats just a personal feeling. The maxTemp is arround 60C, so as long as your staying under 50C I dont see a problem. Look in your BIOS for PC Health options, in there you may be able to set your fans to run at a lower speed until you hit a certain temp. I like to set mine to spin up about 53C, but adjust to your own taste.
!