Sign in with
Your question

need consult with TV card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 9, 2007 9:22:38 PM

I want to buy a TV card for the 1st time. I never used a TV card before.
Someone can suggest me a good card in something like 200$? and what is better in more expensive cards?
I want this card to record from TV, transfer video from my analog video-camera, and if it could make my PC screen to TV together it would be perfectly.

thanks in advance for every helper!

More about : consult card

Related resources
October 9, 2007 10:26:31 PM

david999 said:
I want to buy a TV card for the 1st time. I never used a TV card before.
Someone can suggest me a good card in something like 200$? and what is better in more expensive cards?
I want this card to record from TV, transfer video from my analog video-camera, and if it could make my PC screen to TV together it would be perfectly.

thanks in advance for every helper!

I can tell you I have used everything from turtlebeach, pinnacle, http://www.hauppauge.com/ and more. External, internal....

http://www.hauppauge.com/

Is my recommendation and is the only card I have had great success with without a lot of work and issues.
October 9, 2007 10:39:44 PM

I just purchased the Hauppauge HVR-1600. Basically "last year's" model. I picked it up last month, ~$60 after MIR. The 1600 is still hanging around at various vendors.

Hauppauge seems to be a consensus among many review websites & forums for the best performance and value. There may be better, but, for most of us, antenna and related issues will negate any improvements.
October 9, 2007 11:01:25 PM

I'd also recommend the Hauppauge, but for PC to TV you're going to need a graphics card with TV out.
October 9, 2007 11:03:17 PM

The ATI TV Wonder 650 is a great TV tuner. Clear picture and Works with Vista Media Center. Does HD over the Air. Alot of people that buy the 650 have problems with the Catalyst Media Center. I just use Vista Media Center and Never had a problem.

The card is around $120. from Newegg.

The Hauppauge cards are great also. They have Dual tuners for both analog and digital.

Just look at all the tuners within your price range, Then pick the one that has all the options you need.

1Haplo
October 10, 2007 1:57:01 PM

You know I have had not to many issues with ATI video cards with AIW, but standalone AIW cards (and I have tried more then a few) SUCK!

And yes I am competent enough to install these cards :)  Most issues have been driver related.
October 10, 2007 2:45:10 PM

I also have the Hauppauge 1600 and it has worked great. The Avermedia Combo m780 is supposedly really good if you have a PCIe 1x slot.

Also, you really shouldn't have to spend $200 for a TV tuner card. Anything over $130 is probably too much.
October 10, 2007 8:42:31 PM

YOu get what you pay for.

!