Distinguished
Oct 13, 2007
I recently bought a new pc

P5N-E SLI
Intel E6850
4x1024mb A-Data
XFX 8800GTS 320MB
Windows XP SP2 32bit

My problem is my pc often keeps '' pause freezing '' i found some related things to my problem but they were solved by bios update (mine wasnt). I often get blue screens but after them i have to restart the pc a couple of times until i get the msg that the windows has recovered from a serious problem and from then on the pc works fine until the next restart.

I tried checkdsk, bios update, formated & reinstalled windows.

P.S. For the pc to work they had to up the voltage in bios for the ram because there is a problem.

Please dont laugh about my prob :pt1cable:

DrMaV

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
First, try only 2x1024, and switch slots if needed.
Second, slow timings down,
Third, increase voltage (as you did) to your memory.
Fourth, confirm memory QVL for A-Data.

H4voC

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2007

I dont know how this would help. I found the voltage on a forum before that the PC stoped working before i joined windows and the problem is if i install a fresh copy of windows it works normaly for a short period of time maybe 10 days. The A-Data is a compatible memory for P5N-E SLI I read the manual for P5N.

chookman :

That was one of the 1st things i did but nothing was wrong:>

T8RR8R

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
Manually set your ram timings and voltages. Then set the NB voltage to 1.35. It seems as though alot of people are having "issues" with many newer Asus boards. Some are great some suck, some are great and then suck...like mine. I think Asus is starting to have quality control issues, might actually be the people making their bios's for them or the way Asus does things, I don't know.

Do try what other people have mentioned though, I know alot of boards require a successfully boot up and restart before they will accept 4 sticks of ram.

H4voC

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2007
K wiill try:> tonight have to go to college now:>

P.S. I like this forum :> quick answers

//////////////////////////////////////

I had to up my voltage to even make it to windows when i bought the pc :> i had to make the NB Voltage 1.563V.
I will try lowering the ram mhz i read somwhere if u change the ram to to a lower frequency that may help

predaking

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
don't use all of the ram banks. only have 3 gigs of ram.

i tried upping the voltage and it would work for a while, then i had to up it again.

crappy board and as soon as i get some money i'm going to replace it.

H4voC

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2007
i will wait a while and i need 4Gigs of ram that the problem this pc is being used as a render farm a little and it needs as much ram as possible thats why :/ if anyone has a soultion without taking out 1Gig of ram please tell me.

H4voC

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2007
update :
I sent the problem to the Asus support I am still testing since the problem arises once in a while.

heres the copy

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

My name is Sky and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem today.

For your problem, you could test it with our latest BIOS.
http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5N-E%20SLI/0703.zip

If the problem still remains, please change LDT frequency to 4X in BIOS, test again. Please refer to the manual 2-30.

If it is not helpful, please set "FSB - Memory Clock mode" to unlinked refer to the manual 2-24.

Anyway if you still have any problem or the problem still exists, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for the support!

Best regards and have a nice day!