bagpiperdude90

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2007
Hey,

Ok, I have a Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H, and a Sapphire ATI Radeon X1650 Pro. I *think* the onboard graphics on the moboard should be able to play Blu-ray movies at full definition, but I don't know if the graphics card will support that. I'm guessing it will - but I'm not sure.

Also, are the current blu-ray ROMs on Newegg worth buying now? Do they support all the features that Blu-ray will allow? They are around $160, which isn't *too* bad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I seem to find conflicting information a lot.

Thanks!

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
For one, if you're using the x1650 pro, then you are (apparently) not using the onboard graphics. Or are you using a second monitor, hooked up to the onboard graphics, to watch movies?

Also, the only onboard graphics that is, for the most part, guaranteed to let you flawlessly decode high definition content is the new AMD 780G chipset.

bagpiperdude90

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2007
correct, I am not using the onboard. I just mentioned the motherboard for sake of giving as much info as possible. Also, does the motherboard maybe help decode the content after passing through the video card? I doubt it would... but just asking...

eric54

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
Its a one or the other type of deal with graphics cards. Until that hybrid stuff comes to fruition you either use your x1650 pro or your onboard. They dont work with each other. So to answer your question, no the mobo does not help decode the content on or around the gfx card area.