BFG Geforce 6800 ultra oc

kingroach

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2007
I found a BFG Geforce 6800 Ultra OC on craigslist for $50 (used). The card looks tempting but I was wondering can my pc handle it. I have a 430W PSU and in BFG website it says I need 450W PSU. In my computer, I have Core 2 Duo 4300, two 7200 rpm hard drive and two dvd-writer and 3 fans. I dont really need a graphics card like that because I only play flash games in internet browser and do some word processing in this computer.. But for the price it doesnt hurt.. My worry is that, if I buy the card and plug it in my computer, my psu is gonna blow up.. Anyone have experience with this card?..

lance525

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2005
I've used this card for quite a while and found it very reliable. You shouldn't have any problems with a 430W PSU, I ran one for about 6 months with no trouble (Antec 430W). If you don't buy it, I would like to get the link from you! I wouldn't mind trying to SLI with my old one.

kingroach

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2007
thnx for the confirmation..I have the same pse as well Antec 430W :) I read in the specs that You need to plug in two power cable in the card.. did you use those two power connector.. I only have one power cable left..

btw. The card is in new york craigslist.. I already made the deal to pick up the card.. :( Keep searching in craigslist.. I found some really good deals.. For example I found a 7800 GT for $70 couple of days ago.. didnt buy that though..