My cd/dvd driver is gone

TrinetteLW

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
Hello,
im desperate here and really need a straight answer. I am a games freak and loved playing the sims i played all the time and it worked fine for many months then i started having issues with the disc not reading properly constantly saying no disc inserted, when clearly it was, it would just keep spinning and then give up no one and i mean no one could give me an explanation absolutely no one it was all rubbish and didnt work or have anything to do with what was going on. I learn quite quickly and searched my computer and found in the device manager that my computer constantly keeps installing several ATA Channels and double IDE Channels and duplicates of channel 0 and 1 when i deleted these and kept the primary ones the drive would finally recognize that a disc was there and run the game (mind you it would run dvd movies without changing anything just didnt like my games) now it just stopped reading the games completely and if i deleted the duplicate channels it still made out there was no disc in drive. so while i was trying to delete the extra channels the device manager just seemed to keep installing the straight away and in the process i accidentally in my frustration deleted the primary IDE Channel. Now my computer has no cd/dvd drive and i obviously cant put a disc in to install it (even though i dont have one as notebook was pre installed with vista home basic) so i have be relentlessly searching for a cd/dvd driver for my compaq presario CQ40-419AU now do you think i could find anything??? looks like i bought a reject computer there is absolutely nothing on this computer except the new 64 bit i only have 32 bit. i have tried downloading every bladdy driver updating program but they only update an existing driver to a new driver not a driver you no longer have so please help me fix this i can not afford to pay for a new computer or a service.

so i have be relentlessly searching for a cd/dvd driver for my compaq presario CQ40-419AU now do you think i could find anything???

The driver for the CD/DVD player is the system SATA driver. Or IDE driver if applicable. These drivers are default system chipset drivers. Reinstallation of Vista is likely badly needed.