they wouldn't, or how do they plan to sell vista??
So what % of people buying Vista are gamers and worried about the dx10 advantage?? Come on buddy! Very little in reality.
Probably less than 5 %.. The other 95 % will buy as it is and as soon as "the average joe" is using it,
and will automatically update when the new dog comes out of the shed. - there are many market force reasons for this. It also explains how come Microsoft have been so damn indolent with dx10
. Hopefully, given now that on a global level, gaming is starting to be taken more seriously this will change.. Just my pennies worth.