Crysis DX9 vs DX10 screenshots

oswold

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
Those waves do look much better in DX10.

I look forward to experiancing these new effects in 2 years time when I can get Vista and a DX10 card.

I have vowed never to buy a video card over £100, as thats to much money for a slight increase in FPS for just a video, no matter how much I enjoy them. So I'm looking out for good clearence deals on older cards on etailer sites.

I realise that motion blur needs to be moving to see the affect but it dosent do anything for me and the other pics wont make me pay out for a new OS and graphics card.
XP and DX9 for me for the forseable future especially if you allow for the loss of fps in Vista,hey you never know this may not be an issue with crysis,but i wouldnt bet on it.
Mactronix

blashyrkh

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2007
damn it! mished a post.
Indeed, the graphics in crysis DX10 do look amazing but AA is desperatly needed to make a good impression

While its obvious that the realism is greater in DX10 and the image quality is better than DX9 i personally prefer the High DX9 image as far as game playing is concerned,it may just be me but the image was clearer ie things stuck out more.I guess the fact that the boat and the guards are not that easy to see straight off is all part of the DX10 realism but i would find it easier to play in DX9.
Just my personal taste though
Mactronix

hesido

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Dx10 version is the clear winner, with more dense vegetation, polygonal waves instead of plain waves, the lighting is better overall, and the pictures morton has shared with us shows DX10 ground displacement makes it look absolutely beatuiful.

Will I buy a Dx10 card and do a Vista upgrade for this? No. Until a 180-200usd gfx card runs Crysis like a dream, I will not.

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
well, i've already gone and ordered a 2900 pro, and I'm on vista already, it was interesting to note that the dx10 waves actually looked 3d, not just bump mapping type 3d

accu

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007

they wouldn't, or how do they plan to sell vista??

Ironnads

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2007

:sleep: So what % of people buying Vista are gamers and worried about the dx10 advantage?? Come on buddy! Very little in reality.
Probably less than 5 %.. The other 95 % will buy as it is and as soon as "the average joe" is using it, :sarcastic: and will automatically update when the new dog comes out of the shed. - there are many market force reasons for this. It also explains how come Microsoft have been so damn indolent with dx10 :fou: . Hopefully, given now that on a global level, gaming is starting to be taken more seriously this will change.. Just my pennies worth.
Tungston Nads.