Toshiba 57H93 Problems...

I have a Toshiba 57H93 with a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD box from Time
Warner Cable Schenectady, NY. I have two problems that Time Warner and
Toshiba tech support have not been able to solve.

1- MY DVI input on the tv doesn't work with the SA8300HD
2- TW transmits unscrambled cable analog channels and local HD and
digital channels. When the TV is connected directly to the cable coax
(no cable box) the built in Toshiba tuners QAM, NTSC, ATSC go haywire
(no audio, stuck on channels, or changes channels by itself).

Toshiba's answer to number 1: It's SA's fault. Use the component
outputs only.

Toshiba's answer to number 2: a firmware upgrade above version 1.4.4 is
needed to solve this problem (maybe available sometime in the future)

Time Warner's tech support answer: Get a non-toshiba tv!
1 answer Last reply
More about toshiba 57h93 problems

    I have a Toshiba 52 inch dlp HDTV with a Samsung HDTV satellite box. The DVI
    connection from the satellite box to the Toshiba is also inoperable on this
    set. I also contacted both parties and each blames the other. I do not have
    the time to run it down and the component connections work well enough.
    Sounds as if this is a common problem with Toshiba sets . . .

HDTV TV Cable Toshiba Home Theatre