Badges we hope never to see...

Made me laugh. From the GameAmp site:

Panhandler: Beg until you recieve 1,000,000 influence.
Funkytown: Complete the Paragon Dance Party Trials.
Darth Vader: Defeat 500 Jedi Knights.
Too Proud to Beg: Check every pay phone in Atlas Park.
Political Activist: Submit 100 /petitions.
Bilbo Baggins: Complete a glowie mission undetected with Invisibility.
7-In-1-Blow: Swat a Vahzilok so hard that 7 flies die.
All Access: Awarded after your 50th portal mission.
Arkham: Farm a mob of 10,000 Freakshow.
Tragic Hero: Die from using the Ring of Pain.
Loiterer: 50 cumulative hours spent under Atlas.
Groovy!: Farm a mob of 5,000 Vahzilok.
V8: Defeat 8 different Veggies in PvP.
Master of Monsters: Defeat Ash Ketchum in the arena.
n00b: Accumulate 25 /petitions to send you a manual.
Exterminator: Submit 50 bug reports.
Jolly Rancher: Farm a mob of 10,000 Carnival.
Bully: Defeat 500 foes in a row worth no XP at all.
Narcoleptic: Use 200 Awakens that you bought yourself.
Slow Learner: Get KO'ed 30 times by the same villain.
Juke Box Hero: 50 cumulative hours of boombox playing.
Luke Skywalker: Defeat a foe with the Darth Vader badge in PvP.
Jabberwocky: Send 50,000 tells.
Raver: 12 hours straight in the Paragon Dance Party.
Cyberpunk: You can only get it by hacking and it says so on the badge.
Fiddle Diddle: Superjump over the moon.
Private Detective: Retrieve stolen privates from the Vahzilok.
Key to the City: You don't want to know what you have to do...
Supermodel: Spend 1,000,000 cumulative influence at Icon.
Librarian: Timed mission to retrieve library books from the Lost.
Icarus: An exploration badge found on the sun.
Public Nuisance: Accolade for collecting Panhandler, Juke Box Hero,
Pariah, Litterbug, Loiterer, Bully and Political Activist.
Finally, if your supergroup HQ is so full of souveneirs that your members
have to hang out on the balcony, you might earn a Redneck.

Posted by LordXenophon. Thanks to Malicious_Intent_2001, NavyGator,
BoinkBunny and DocVengeance for their contributions.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

Shenanigunner wrote:
> Made me laugh. From the GameAmp site:

> Slow Learner: Get KO'ed 30 times by the same villain.
I might have this one already lol.

Great list! Thanks for pointing it out. :)

--
http://www.simplerich.com/blog

Read my book!!!

Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>On Sun, 22 May 2005 01:02:54 -0000, Shenanigunner
><shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
>
>>Supermodel: Spend 1,000,000 cumulative influence at Icon.
>
>That's actually very easy to do in one trip at the upper levels.

Hell yeah. Popped Shadeling (50) into Icon and just the slider costs
over 1 million to change, never mind actually changing costume too.

There'd be thousands of people with this badge.

Heck Shadeling would have it now, not having used the sliders - she must
have had 3 dozen different costumes during her time and some of them
were well over half a mil in cost because everything changed.

Xocyll

On Sat, 21 May 2005 20:01:53 -0700, Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net>
wrote:

>On Sun, 22 May 2005 01:02:54 -0000, Shenanigunner
><shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
>
>>Supermodel: Spend 1,000,000 cumulative influence at Icon.
>
>That's actually very easy to do in one trip at the upper levels.

I'm sure that I did it in my last two trips put together - changing
auras and sliders on multiple costumes is not cheap.

On Sun, 22 May 2005 14:30:23 +1000, Greg Johnson <greg.gsj@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 21 May 2005 20:01:53 -0700, Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 22 May 2005 01:02:54 -0000, Shenanigunner
>><shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
>>
>>>Supermodel: Spend 1,000,000 cumulative influence at Icon.
>>
>>That's actually very easy to do in one trip at the upper levels.
>
>I'm sure that I did it in my last two trips put together - changing
>auras and sliders on multiple costumes is not cheap.

Even without changing sliders....the sliders just made the issue that
much worse. It's just absurd how much the charge is for that. At least
give us one free slider change per slot, geez...

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814

"Greg Johnson" <greg.gsj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 21 May 2005 20:01:53 -0700, Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 22 May 2005 01:02:54 -0000, Shenanigunner
> ><shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
> >
> >>Supermodel: Spend 1,000,000 cumulative influence at Icon.
> >
> >That's actually very easy to do in one trip at the upper levels.
>
> I'm sure that I did it in my last two trips put together - changing
> auras and sliders on multiple costumes is not cheap.

When I went in, the body slider alone was 500,000 or 1,000,000. Anyway,
some of those badges are a hoot.

On Sat, 21 May 2005 22:16:46 -0700, Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net>
wrote:
> On Sun, 22 May 2005 14:30:23 +1000, Greg Johnson <greg.gsj@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 May 2005 20:01:53 -0700, Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net>
>> wrote:

>>> That's actually very easy to do in one trip at the upper levels.
>>
>> I'm sure that I did it in my last two trips put together - changing
>> auras and sliders on multiple costumes is not cheap.
>
> Even without changing sliders....the sliders just made the issue that
> much worse. It's just absurd how much the charge is for that. At least
> give us one free slider change per slot, geez...

The irony is that changing costume, or face or body shape, is pretty cheap
for the first half of your career. It's something you can do without
worrying about affording your enhancements. I guess this makes sense. A
famous, established hero takes a pretty big hit image-wise changing his
costume. Just ask Superman. :p

good sign." -G

Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> looked up from reading the entrails of

>On Sat, 21 May 2005 22:16:46 -0700, Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net>
>wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 May 2005 14:30:23 +1000, Greg Johnson <greg.gsj@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I'm sure that I did it in my last two trips put together - changing
>>> auras and sliders on multiple costumes is not cheap.
>>
>> Even without changing sliders....the sliders just made the issue that
>> much worse. It's just absurd how much the charge is for that. At least
>> give us one free slider change per slot, geez...
>
>The irony is that changing costume, or face or body shape, is pretty cheap
>for the first half of your career. It's something you can do without
>worrying about affording your enhancements.

I have to disagree. At least if by "half" you mean levels 1-25, where I
was always starved for influence. Hell I didn't finish buying my level
30 enhancements until level 30, simply because I couldn't afford to.

On test, when the sliders were slightly broken in that they would reset
to more average settings for new characters, it would be many levels
before I could afford to set them back to where they were supposed to
be.

>I guess this makes sense. A famous, established hero takes a pretty
>big hit image-wise changing his costume. Just ask Superman. :p

Not sure the reference you're making, but i'll counter with one I was
just thinking of.
Batman.
He's got the headgear, the bat-logo, and the scalloped cape.
Nothing else really matters and no one would care if he changed utility
belt styles.

Frankly the ICON thing is another shortfall in thinking by the Devs (at
least if it's meant to be anything more than an inf sink.)
The prices should have been massively cheaper for any particular item,
but with different scales and multiplied.
Tweaking a belt should cost next to nothing since it hardly changes your
image at all, but changing LOGO should cost more and changing a whole
bunch of things at once should cost a hell of a lot of "influence" since
you aren't as recognizable anymore.
[As an aside there are far, far too few logos.]

Once again, they failed to live up to their own explanation of what
influence is and treated it like ordinary money.

Xocyll

"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message

> The irony is that changing costume, or face or body shape, is pretty cheap
> for the first half of your career. It's something you can do without
> worrying about affording your enhancements. I guess this makes sense. A
> famous, established hero takes a pretty big hit image-wise changing his
> costume. Just ask Superman. :p

It is NOT cheap.

Not reltively speaking. I took a Level 10 or 11 in for some bodywork and
changes to her COSTUME were defintiely cheap (couple hundred or throusand),
but body alterations were over 12,000 inf, which is not cheap at that level.

She could afford the vanity only because a high-level character had given
her 100K.

--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent

"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

chat: @vorlonagent

Vorlonagent (M), level 25 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
RolIing Thunder (F), Level 20 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
NightfalI (M), Level 17 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
Steel Night (M), Level 17 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
lmpact (F), Level 16 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
Girl at the Bar (F), Level 12 Controller (Mind/Empathy), Triumph

On Mon, 23 May 2005 21:14:44 GMT, Vorlonagent <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
> "Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
>
>> The irony is that changing costume, or face or body shape, is pretty
>> cheap for the first half of your career. It's something you can do
>> without worrying about affording your enhancements. I guess this makes
>> sense. A famous, established hero takes a pretty big hit image-wise
>> changing his costume. Just ask Superman. :p
>
> It is NOT cheap.
>
> Not reltively speaking. I took a Level 10 or 11 in for some bodywork
> and changes to her COSTUME were defintiely cheap (couple hundred or
> throusand), but body alterations were over 12,000 inf, which is not
> cheap at that level.
>
> She could afford the vanity only because a high-level character had
> given her 100K.

My tanker on Defiant almost always teams with a defender. She was around
lvl 18 or so when I4 came out, and I ported her to Icon where she had a
total conversion into an anime character, with new youthful head shape,
longer legs, smaller breasts, and of course totally new costume too. She
paid that out of her own cash with no problem, and has still been able to
keep her enhancements up to date afterwards. Admittedly, neither of us
buys new enhancements until the old are about to turn red, but on the
other hand we are very rarely defeated when we duo so we get less
influence that way. The only other thing I can think of is that I've
usually been a couple levels above her, and we also occasionally team with
people several levels higher who desperately need a defender and don't
mind her being a lowbie. So she gets a lot of good drops, but I'd think
she would also level correspondingly faster.

Perhaps it is worse at lower and higher levels, or something. I don't
really understand the price curve on slider use. But around 18 it seems
to be affordable enough.

good sign." -G

On Mon, 23 May 2005 15:50:17 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
> Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> looked up from reading the entrails of
> the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>> The irony is that changing costume, or face or body shape, is pretty
>> cheap
>> for the first half of your career. It's something you can do without
>> worrying about affording your enhancements.
>
> I have to disagree. At least if by "half" you mean levels 1-25, where I
> was always starved for influence. Hell I didn't finish buying my level
> 30 enhancements until level 30, simply because I couldn't afford to.

Perhaps you are slotting very aggressively? I use to only upgrade when my
enhancements turn red, or just before it is about to happen.

> On test, when the sliders were slightly broken in that they would reset
> to more average settings for new characters, it would be many levels
> before I could afford to set them back to where they were supposed to
> be.

Haven't tried that, so I can't comment.

>> I guess this makes sense. A famous, established hero takes a pretty
>> big hit image-wise changing his costume. Just ask Superman. :p
>
> Not sure the reference you're making, but i'll counter with one I was
> just thinking of.
> Batman.
> He's got the headgear, the bat-logo, and the scalloped cape.
> Nothing else really matters and no one would care if he changed utility
> belt styles.

DC ran some pretty heavy experiments on Superman some years ago, notably
"Superman Blue & Superman Red" and "Electric Blue Superman". These were
supposed to re-vitalize the series, I think, but were not well received
and Supes went back to his old self.

I'd give you the point about Batman's belt. ^_^

> Frankly the ICON thing is another shortfall in thinking by the Devs (at
> least if it's meant to be anything more than an inf sink.)
> The prices should have been massively cheaper for any particular item,
> but with different scales and multiplied.
> Tweaking a belt should cost next to nothing since it hardly changes your
> image at all, but changing LOGO should cost more and changing a whole
> bunch of things at once should cost a hell of a lot of "influence" since
> you aren't as recognizable anymore.
> [As an aside there are far, far too few logos.]

Logistic nightmare. You'd need to keep tabs on when people shopped so they
don't change belt, then come back after 10 minutes and change gloves, then
an hour later change cape... They already have massively more expensive
body scaling, which is exactly what you would want. I don't remember if
logos are more expensive, and I don't really know if they should always
be. For some heroes it is the colors rather than the logo that makes them
recognizable. Females tend to have so small logos you can barely see them
unless you look like you're trying to kiss their breasts.

> Once again, they failed to live up to their own explanation of what
> influence is and treated it like ordinary money.

In a manner of speaking, it is that too. Since there is no cash in the
game, influence has this role. It still beats looting fallen villains, in
my book. At least they scrapped the original idea of letting your
influence (or "fame" as it was called back then) leak away if you did not
show up regularly. While this would certainly be realistic, it would
probably have caused a massive exodus.

good sign." -G

Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
say:

>Made me laugh. From the GameAmp site:

>Exterminator: Submit 50 bug reports.

I'd have this one.

>Bully: Defeat 500 foes in a row worth no XP at all.

Every AOE type hunting skull/hellion bosses when the badges first came
out (and we're much higher level) would have this one.
Perez was a ghost town on the streets at that time from all the high
levels going for those badges and killing all the mobs.

>Supermodel: Spend 1,000,000 cumulative influence at Icon.

I'd have this one for sure.

Xocyll

On Mon, 23 May 2005 15:50:17 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:

> Batman.
> He's got the headgear, the bat-logo, and the scalloped cape.
> Nothing else really matters and no one would care if he changed utility
> belt styles.

And that reminds me...I was interested to see that in Batman: Mystery
of the Batwoman, Batman was using the old-style belt-with-pockets
utility belt, instead of the "plastic cylinders" belt he used through
most of BTAS...

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |