Sign in with
Your question

overclocking with Rivatuner 169.21 drivers and 7900GT

Last response: in Overclocking
December 23, 2007 1:10:17 AM

Hey guys, it's been quite some time since I've been on the forums and I'm not as sharp or up to date as I used to be...

Anyways, I am trying to get overclocking to work with rivatuner(v2.06) and my 7900GT... Running Xp and 169.21 drivers. I can't really get them to work... I set them up according to the guru3d tutorial (http://www.guru3d.com/article/article/449/1/)... So yea, any help would be really awesome guys... Trying to eek out a couple more FPS for Crysis...

THANKS!
a c 169 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
a b \ Driver
December 23, 2007 7:48:41 AM

What is your problem exactly?
December 23, 2007 4:56:25 PM

Oh man... did I really type all that and not really ask a question? Hahaha. Well my problem is that no overclocking profiles show up down on my toolbar... I have some fan profiles set up and they work, but no overclocking ones show up. I tried that poweruser thing with the forceware and then entering the number.. but that didn't work either...
Related resources
December 23, 2007 4:59:01 PM

Oh, and what is with the dates joined for some people? Do the people that are from the pre-interace shift, or pre-new design all have "Tue Jan 01, 1970" as their join date? haha
January 11, 2008 7:47:07 AM

use ntune its easy to use.
a c 169 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
a b \ Driver
January 11, 2008 8:00:30 AM

ntune is horrible, RIVA TUNER is alot better
January 11, 2008 9:04:44 AM

or use nibitor 3 and nvidia's win flash and flash the bios, this is the best way to do video bios ocing. Never had any use for software ocing
Here is why, I wanted to test the liability of riva's ocing so I set up a test
I benched my riva's ocing and bios flash and my score was higher with the bios flash
If you need a guide to see you through I'd be more then happy to help. next time I see you in bf need more cowbell I'm going to knife your team
January 11, 2008 9:29:17 AM

gomerpile said:
or use nibitor 3 and nvidia's win flash and flash the bios, this is the best way to do video bios ocing. Never had any use for software ocing
Here is why, I wanted to test the liability of riva's ocing so I set up a test
I benched my riva's ocing and bios flash and my score was higher with the bios flash
If you need a guide to see you through I'd be more then happy to help. next time I see you in bf need more cowbell I'm going to knife your team

Yea.. BIOS level overclocks are going to be better than drive level overclocks. Have fun when you flash to a point you didn't know you could OC to and it's great! Especially when the card locks up.

Anyways.. OP post some screenies of exactly what you are talking about. I get confused easily.
January 11, 2008 10:31:02 AM

cnumartyr said:
Yea.. BIOS level overclocks are going to be better than drive level overclocks. Have fun when you flash to a point you didn't know you could OC to and it's great! Especially when the card locks up.

Anyways.. OP post some screenies of exactly what you are talking about. I get confused easily.

the orb and the other is copy and paste cannot link two orb hope thats ok you'll find this very interesting
the orb is bios ocing here http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=2112593

the drive ocing
Score: 6335
Date: 2006-07-23
CPU: Intel Pentium D 950
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS
472 MHz / 1305 MHz
Res: 1024x768@32 bit
Active

Published

Delete

Dynamic Compare URL