Wireless internet randomly shuts down

A-SkyfiOriginal

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
I have a d-link wireless router, westell motum all hooked up to my computer. 1 room away I have my playstation3 set up. My PS3 is running on my wireless connection, and I play online quite alot. The problem is, is that when i play for a little while my whole internet conection will shut down and then kinda fluxuate for a little while. It will take 30 min to an hour for it to come back on to were i can use it. This only happens when i am playing online. I have rbooted everything and that doesn't help i still have to wait befor it "fixes itself". I really enjoy gamming online but it will disconect at the worst times.
Please, if anyone has a solution please speak up. I really need to resolve this problem.

Edit due to spelling erorrs!(yes i know there are still some)

ironhide

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Good day!

Are you getting any error message?
Can you access your router setup page and check it's MTU settings.Set it to 1500.

There are more things to try as well. Like finding out what is dropping the connection, the modem, the router, or even a bad network cable.

trying doing this for about 5 - 10 min

open a command window and put in
ping yahoo.com -t

this will do a non stop ping. After 5 min or so hit ctrl c to stop it. See if you have any lost packets or request timeouts from the totals it gives.

Talk to you soon