Sign in with
Your question

Which of these 3 Monitors is the BEST for gaming?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b C Monitor
a b 4 Gaming
October 11, 2007 5:40:13 PM

SAMSUNG one without a doubt
October 11, 2007 6:41:52 PM

i didnt like that samsung, i would go for the LG if it was in black,
Related resources
October 11, 2007 6:43:39 PM

Not exactly an apples to apples comparison there beings how you have a 20", 22", and 24" listed. I agree with Maziar though of the 3 you listed the Samsung is the one I'd get. However if you wanted to compare a similair 22" from LG you might find them more comparable.
a b C Monitor
a b 4 Gaming
October 11, 2007 7:07:56 PM

the LG alternatives are : LG 226WT (22" , 2ms , 1680x1050 ) and also LG M228WA (22", 5ms, speaker , TV tuner , 1680x1050 ) i have M228WA and i love it , awesome monitor
October 11, 2007 7:59:42 PM

SAMSUNG woulld be the beast with 2ms and good reviews. But you better have a very good video card for it. Having a low-end/mid-end video card will just kill any gaming you thought you would play. That high of a resolution demands power. Look up video card reviews - benchmarks with a similar resolution (1600 by 1200).
a b C Monitor
a b 4 Gaming
October 11, 2007 8:23:35 PM

The Samsung has 11 times more reviews at newegg than the others together. I guess a lot of people have decided to buy it...

I have a Samsung 21.6" and an LG 20" side by side and can't really say there's a difference. I like them both. Maybe the fact that the on/off button of the Samsung is on the front rather than the back and it has a LED and can be annoying...
October 15, 2007 11:26:48 PM

another reason to go with the samsung it has a 3 year Warranty where as the 24" only has 1
October 16, 2007 12:23:23 AM

I own the 19" version of the samsung monitor and its great.
a b Ô Samsung
a c 195 C Monitor
a b 4 Gaming
October 16, 2007 12:47:42 AM

Just be aware that there are 3 versions of the Samsung 226BW. It used to be easy to tell if you have A,C or S simply by looking at the sticker on the back of the monitor. Samsung no longer does that.

The S panel is considered "Superior". The A panel is "Average", and with some tweaking can be good. The C panel is considered to be "Crap".

The only way now to identify what panel you have is to take the monitor apart and look at a sticker on the LCD panel itself. This would void your warranty.
October 16, 2007 1:38:11 AM

aevm said:
The Samsung has 11 times more reviews at newegg than the others together. I guess a lot of people have decided to buy it...

I know this local working woman (if you get my drift) named Lola. She has a lot of reviews at this other website that I visit. More than any other working woman reviewed on the website. I guess more reviews makes her better?

Well maybe that case it does.

Always remember that the most reviews does not automatically equate to more popular or better, just that owners feel passionate about the product (or woman).

By the way, Sammy makes a bunch of panels for others. Visit http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/ for a list of panels made by Sammy and who installs what panels into what models.

PS: Waiting for my Dell 24" (panel made by Sammy) to arrive.
November 28, 2007 7:10:51 PM

samsung is my personal preference. westing house doesnt seem like it should be in the competition. the one thing about samsung is, it comes in 3 panels. A, S, C i believe...

basically u want the S panel. from what ive read, that means samsung themselves made it or soemthing, and the out-of-box settings are already sick. the A panel i believe is the second best. just as good as the S panel however the out-of-box settings are a bit sucky. just fiddle around with it and ull be good. apparently C stands for crap. you dont wanna get the C panel.

all in all, most computer experts i've talked to have said that the samsung 226bw is the best 22" monitor out right now (including the C panel, even being the worst of the 3, so i dont know what the big problem is with C). if you want to spend less, i recommend the 931bw. im currently dualing these and i love it. so far no problems. my brother's got the 22". sometimes i regret not just buying the 22" for its awesome resolution. better quality plus 3 inches bigger, what more could you want?

anyway, best of luck!

EDIT: if you do decide to get the 19" samsung 931bw, you wont have to worry about panels. they all come with the same default panel, all great!
November 28, 2007 7:24:22 PM

Quote:
samsung is my personal preference. westing house doesnt seem like it should be in the competition. the one thing about samsung is, it comes in 3 panels. A, S, C i believe...
Yeah, I recieved a 17" Westinghouse gift last year and I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed. It seems that the screen burns very easily. If I play any game for more than 1hour I can literally switch to a solid color background and see the outlines of the HUD from the game (It stays there until I leave the monitor off for an extended period of time). At first I thought that maybe it was because I had it set to "Picture" mode (brightest and most colorful), but it does the same on the "Economy" setting, which is not as bright and less colorful. That's why I think I'll go for a 19"-22" Samsung this Christmas.

Also, thanks for bringing the S,A, and C up. (lol, SAC) I'll try to make sure I get an 'S' or and 'A' one.
November 28, 2007 8:01:48 PM

i have 2 samsung 931c's and a 40" T4061 1080P tv. Best displays I have ever owned period. cheaper is not better- buy the LG or whatever if your'e looking to save money, buy the sammys if you want the best.
cheers
November 28, 2007 8:33:41 PM

what graphic card(s) you use?
November 28, 2007 9:24:37 PM

I have a Samsung 226BW with an "S" panel and I think its great. I just wish it was a 24 inch model. As for determining which panel the monitor has, I was told that the model number on the back ends with a letter indicating which panel it has, and mine has the "S" there for all to see. If this is true, then all you would have to do is look at the model number on the back to verify the panel. Of course, if you buy from Newegg, you have to wait until you receive it to do that. This is one time that buying a monitor from Best Buy might be an advantage.
November 28, 2007 9:55:42 PM

ladic

Have you seen the glossy "glare type" displays? Do you like em? Personally I HATE the glossy displays but some folks swear by them. I think you should go to a brick and mortar store and view the display you are thinking about getting in person before you buy.

Another thing that bugs me about some LCDs is major brightness or color shift from minor movement of the viewer. That Samsung seems to suck at vertical viewing angle regardless of what the specs say. LCD specs are nearly meaningless cause they lie!

Of course you may like glossy displays and you might not mind the same things I do so the important thing is that the display do what YOU want. Best way to know is to see the displays in person for yourself.
November 28, 2007 10:34:39 PM

For the love of god pelase go to tigerdirect.com!!!! newegg is overpriced and over rated!! tiger normaly beats newegg prices adn the costomer support is fantastic!

Hope this helped you.
November 29, 2007 12:02:44 AM

x_2fast4u_x said:
For the love of god pelase go to tigerdirect.com!!!! newegg is overpriced and over rated!! tiger normaly beats newegg prices adn the costomer support is fantastic!

Hope this helped you.
Phooey! Tiger is OK, Newegg rocks!
!