imacken

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2007
I recently bought some new bits for my PC including the P35C-DS3R. To save a slot which would have normally been occupied by my Audigy sound card, I thought I'd try the Realtek on-board audio.
With my Audigy, I would connect the digital din to my Inspire 5700 receiver and get great 5.1 sound in games and decoded DD5.1 and DTS in DVDs. Great!
With the Realtek, there is no din connector, so I used the digital coax to connect to the receiver. I get sound OK (in stereo only) in games, but get DD5.1/DTS from DVDs. So, sort of OK.
I'm very confused though by the Audio Manager. When I load it, the screen looks nothing like the images shown in the Mobo manual. I'm also confused by
1) I have no way of setting customised equaliser controls, just a few presets. (Again, the manual suggests that I should be able to do that.)
2) there are no screens to configure speaker set-ups as shown in the manual.
3) in control panel options, I can only select 2-channels.
I am running Vista by the way.
Am I being stupid here?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nickr336

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
Go to http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ and download the drivers. Then you will have Realtek Control Panel to configure your sound. It has everything you need. It looks cool too.

imachine

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
HI!

I'm having the exact same issue, gigabyte board too, same setup.

We (me and some lads at the local hi-fi shop) came to the conclusion that the system which the 5700 is using some proprietary form of converting the digital in (either coax or optical, as I've tried both) into sound among the speakers.

I too only get stereo. If I use the 'mix' mode on the 5700 converter, and plug in the two analog wires into the jacks on my gigabyte board, I get something like 4.0 sound.

no subwoofer tho and no middle speaker working.

it's utter rubbish if you ask me, and the sole need that you'd have to buy a new card (since creative does not release drivers for the sb live 5.1 digital, which that PC has too) is well unjust.

if you come across a solution, do let us know please!

cheers!

imachine

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
Hi!

I'm having the exact same issue, gigabyte board too, same setup.

We (me and some lads at the local hi-fi shop) came to the conclusion that the system which the 5700 is using to convert the digital in (either coax or optical, as I've tried both) into sound among the speakers is some proprietary creative only system.

I too only get stereo. If I use the 'mix' (digital/analog) mode on the 5700 converter, and plug in the two analog wires into the jacks on my gigabyte board, and choose applicable 'front/rear' in the windows that appear when I plug the cables in, I get something like 4.0 mode.

no subwoofer tho and no middle speaker working.

it's utter rubbish if you ask me, and the sole need that you'd have to buy a new card (since creative does not release drivers for the sb live 5.1 digital, which that PC has too) is well unjust.

if you come across a solution, do let us know please!

cheers!

ps. excuse the double post please, but I wasn't allowed editing the first one by the forum system.