Asus P5K Deluxe Bios options OCing

papasmurf211

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
Alright there are several bios options in the Asus P5K deluxe related to voltage and i have no idea what they do and if i should raise them. Please someone explain to me the following and if i should raise them during high ocing, (Q6600 3.8 ghz) and how much i should raise them. clock overcharging mode, cpu voltage reference, cpu PLL voltage, FSB termination voltage. The main reason im concerned is when i oc to 3.8 ghz i get a prime 95 error, Fatal Error setup.txt, something like that. My system dosnt crash during this though.

Also when i cold boot my system sometimes is unstable although its at 3.6 ghz which is 8 hour prime95 stable.

deranged

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
If you don't know what any of the options in the bios does, you really shouldn't be overclocking anything that high. Try aiming for a mild overclock first, after reading on the subject.

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007

Leave Clock Overcharging Mode alone, leave it off.

CPU/NB Refs are GTL Refs for the Signalling on the board.

FSB Termination Voltage is CPU Vtt or Signalling termination voltage. Intel max is 1.55v.

PLL is Phase locked loop voltage and helps raise the FSB wall. Intel max is 1.6v.

Get the board stable at 422x8 and then worry about it. This also means you need to get the memory stable at atleast 844 MHz DDR. Those voltages won't help all that much at that FSB, it's not that high that you need to start messing with it.

Disable DRAM Static Read Control, set Transaction Booster to Disabled Relax Level 3 (These are timings in the NB and can help with higher FSBs).

If you get the board stable at 422x8 then all that's left is adding vCore to get 422x9 stable.