Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Final Decision, What do you guys think?!

Last response: in Components
Share
September 29, 2007 6:00:10 AM

Well I have been thinking, investigating and pondering my decisions all week. Now since I know the new Penryn quads are coming out in January, thats good to know.

but I still think I'm going to buy the Q6600 for now and the new MOBO which supports SLI and Quads so when these new chips come out I can easily upgrade, I'm going to buy atleast 2gigs of DDR2 ram for the new pc and maybe a new HD. What do you guys think of this for right now?

I am going to buy a new video card for this pc but not yet as I am on a budget. I still have my 7950GT 512MB to play with and the performance will be a lot better now with the new Q6600, more ram probably 3GB of ram in it which will increase performance a lot!


What do you guys think? Or any other good ideas?

More about : final decision guys

September 29, 2007 9:32:08 AM

The only item you might want to get now is the ram. I doubt prices will drop any more. 2 gigs of ddr2 6400 is $70 at Fry's and Newegg. I wouldn't waste any money on the q6600, unless you want to sell it on ebay. And 3 gigs of ram won't increase your performance by much.
September 29, 2007 10:05:49 AM

An E6750 would be a wiser bang for the buck investment right now. The initial Penryn prices will be steep for at least 6 months, more likely a year. By Jan '09 you should be able to get a deal on a Quad Penryn.

Hanging on to the 7950gt is also a good move until they decide what DX10 is really gonna be. Also, SLi is much ado about nothing right now unless you are running a 30" or larger monitor. Very expensive way to get 20 more FPS.

Unless you are going 64bit OS, 2gb is plenty on the ram.
Related resources
September 29, 2007 3:42:04 PM

ok cool thanks :)  So Ill get the E6750 and 2gb of ram :) 
September 29, 2007 4:02:24 PM

well is it worth it to get the E6850 basically one of the best CPUS out now since ill be waiting like prob a year for the new quads? or atleast like a few months for them like 6 months? or get the E6750? the E6850 really can't be touched, the E6750 is on par with the athlon 6400+ in some instances other then that pretty goood
September 29, 2007 11:52:18 PM

$80 for a few more Mhz is not worth it to me. It's really you call. The more you save now, the more you have to spend later is my motto.
September 30, 2007 12:03:59 AM

yeah I guess your right i think its better now to buy the E6750 for now and the ram, gaming case, and mobo and save a bit for later.
!