I need help with XFX 8600gt XXX

rwsanford

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007
:hello: :sol: ok ive updated the bios on my computer and changed it to pci-express and ive hooked the video card into the back of the display. My computer now has a screen it regognizes the driver fine and its working properly only problem i have now is with the disk that came with the card is for windows xp and wont let me use it so i downloaded the 32-bit os vista patch because thats the operating system my computer has and it says i dont have this operating system when i try to install this patch weird? help would be great! This is the error im getting when i try to download the 32-bit windows vista drivers from this website (and yes i have 32-bit windows home premium) Nivida Setup Error Setup detected that the operating system in use is not the windows vista [32-bit] This setup program and its associated drivers are designed to run only on windows vista [32-bit] the installation will be terminated. Any one help? :ange:
:heink: :non: :pfff: :fou: :sleep: :sarcastic: :bounce:
P.S i love the smilies haha

Im a little bit confused as to why you are using a patch cant you just go to the website and download the correct native drivers and install them? Forget the disc the drivers on it will most probably be old version anyway.
Mactronix