Can we install xp on core i3 processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi1188

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
hello

I have a dell studio 15 laptop that has a core i3 processor i want to install XP with SP2 but there is a blue screen error pls help me

abhi1188

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
The technical information that is displayed on the blue screen error

0x0000007E(0xC0000005,0XF3B8D66,0XF78DIEA0,0XF78D1B9C)

This error pops up after the windows xp files are loaded and before the menu for type of installation displys

G

itz impossible to install Windows xp on DELL studio 15 with core i3, i5 and i7 processor. becoz the bios provided by dell does not support installation of XP . :ouch:
It makes no difference whether you make DEFAULT configuration in BIOS as ATA or SATA.
It keeps on showing the error...
////********************

BLUE SCREEN :ouch:

******************/////

I have tried my best to resolve this problem, i hv consulted experts, google it, talk to dell customer care.
but i got failed to find a solution.

it could only be possible if somehow one could modify default BIOS provided by reversed engineered one. though it's not officially supported and legal.

greetz , :hello:
Shubham Gore

itz impossible to install Windows xp on DELL studio 15 with core i3, i5 and i7 processor. becoz the bios provided by dell does not support installation of XP . :ouch:
It makes no difference whether you make DEFAULT configuration in BIOS as ATA or SATA.
It keeps on showing the error...
////********************

BLUE SCREEN :ouch:

******************/////

I have tried my best to resolve this problem, i hv consulted experts, google it, talk to dell customer care.
but i got failed to find a solution.

it could only be possible if somehow one could modify default BIOS provided by reversed engineered one. though it's not officially supported and legal.

greetz , :hello:
Shubham Gore

Except I have seen people do it, so your wrong. And no they didn't have to "modify the bios". Try consulting better experts next time.

G

Hi Everybody,
U can install XP on Dell inspiron 15 / 15R laptops, all u have to do is download sata-raid drivers from intel's website and integrate it in winxp CD using nlite or any other software.I have installed it on Inspiron 1564 laptop , only problem is that it booting process is very slow.

swamy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Hi Everybody,
U can install XP on Dell inspiron 15 / 15R laptops, all u have to do is download sata-raid drivers from intel's website and integrate it in winxp CD using nlite or any other software.I have installed it on Inspiron 1564 laptop , only problem is that it booting process is very slow.
hi... I have dell inspiron 15R with N5010 model and I tried to install windows Xp. It's showing error in blue screen that of some error... how The problem can be solved??????

G

I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM
MAKE A FLOPY DISK CONTAIN THIS DRIVER FROM CD DRIVER OF MOTHERBORD
SATA RAID DRIVER
RAID DRIVER
MERVAL RAID DRIVER
THEN BUT THE CD OF WINDOWS XP
WHEN U SEE TH SCREEN UNDERLINE WITH TEXT
PRESS F6 TO INSTALL RAID DRIVER PRESS F6
AND PUT FLPY DISK
THEN CONTENUE TO INSTALL
IF U DONT HAVE FLOPY DISK DRIVE IN UR COMPUTER
I HAVE ANOTHER SOLUTION
COPY THE WINDOS XP CD TO UR COMPUTER
AND USE THIS PROGRAM ( N LITE ) TO MAKE WINDOWS XP INCLUDE SATA RAID AND MERVAL RAID CD AND BURN IT TO ANOTHER CD AND USE IT
PLESE GIVE ME UR MOTHERBOARD NAME AND MODEL TO HELP U MORE THAN THAT
THNX

G

flow this steps

http://www.getpcmemory.com/user-guide/how-to-integrate-sata-drivers-into-win-xp-bootable-cd-setup-slipstreaming-xp-guide-using-nlite/

best regard

shubhamgore

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010

HEY FALCON,
I dont want to be rude to you, but i am successful in installing xp on DELL studio 1558 with core i3 processor only after reflashing my present BIOS ( A08 , PHONX ) to a modified old studio 1555 bios, which was made for core 2 duo processor.

and if you CONSIDER yourself an expert or have any other method, please write in detail, where you have seen this and how ???
Dont try to be smart by false claims of installing Windows XP on dell studio 1558 ( with core i3, i5 and i7 processors) with present bios (A00, A01 ,A02 ,A03 ,A04 ,A05 ,A08).
And from my side,
You could request my assembly language source code for modified bios from my website.

greetz,
Shubham Gore

G

There is no need to modify BIOS.

I installed win xp sp3 on my DELL Inspiron 1564 successfully just by integrating Intel SATA/RAID drivers and last version of Intel INF Update Utility.

But the problems are:

- not using all cores by multithreading applications.
- slow performance of system, even in opening explorer windows.
- very slow USB transfer rate. I think file transfer speed was equal to USB 1 devices.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.