Ultimate Gaming PC

Ulauma

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Hello,

My name is Jake. I am new the forums I am 27 years old and I am a Game Developer. I am a big Gaming Fanatic and I am needing help to build the ultimate gaming computer. My budget is in-between 4000-5000$ USD. I want all the gadgets and the newiest and highest technology out their. I need a wicked case or all the parts to make a really cool case. Ok. We'll here is a list of the basic parts I need.

- Wicked Full Tower Case
- Motherboard That Can Run DDR3 Memory
- 4GB Of DDR3 RAM
- Quad Core CPU
- Dual SLI Setup Video Cards
- Two 500g Hard Drives
- CD-Room
- DVD Burner
- Led Lights
- Cooling System (Dont know the best one :D) ( The choices are Water Cooling,Fans or Vapor Cooling Find A Good Kit Please :D)
-1000W Minimum PSU
-Keyboard and Mouse
-Two Monitors 20-26"
-Dual Monitor Stand
- Printer and Scanner
- Surround Sound Speakers

If I am missing any main parts then just add them to the list you find and if you guys know and high tech toys for my computer please suggest them :D Remeber my budget is 4000-5000$ a little bit of 5000$ is good. Have fun searchign and Ill be helping too :D

Madrox

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
If you have money to blow get 2 Black Pearl 8800's (water cooled) wait for a AMD quad, PSU get a Thermaltake Tough power 1000w, G15 Keyboard, I like Samsung and Viewsonic for monitors.

you wont get incredibly far with the most high end system with $5,000.00. your gonna have to make sacrifices to make the budget.

...unless you can raise it to 7,000.00 then we can talk lol

ExtremeTech's Killer Gaming Rig You don't need to get the suggested 30" LCD. Some prices should be lower now.
new032es8.jpg

Also keep an eye out for the X-38 motherboards (Crossfire not SLI) and the dual socket Intel Skulltrail.

nickc07

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
I love these post!!! You want to blow $5000 on a killer PC that at most will run 20% better than a $2000 PC (IMO).

You are going to take this killer PC to a lan party a few weeks later you realize that you buddy that just spent $3000 about 2 days ago got a pc that will kick the crap outta yours.

GenericName

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2007
When I slipped in my dual 8800 GTX cards there didn't look to be much room left in that last slot so good luck getting a sound card in - I ended up using the Asus sound card that comes with the board and sounds great.

Click on my system specs and that will get you to around $4500.00 - the only way you can spend more is getting the Ultra's and bumping up to the Intel 6850 Chip - and of course that memory would be more pricey. Don't forget your operating system which varries in price depending on how much you feel like being ripped off.

Also a game developer (12 years now) :wahoo:

nickc07

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
BTW you cannot talk about top of the line PCs without thinking about Blue-Ray burner, High Level Raid 5,6,50!!

O ya dont forget the 52" HDTV

Ulauma

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Ok Nick. I havnt forget the 52" Lol. I got that as my main monitor on my wall right now in my office. I need two like 26" beside it. You guys all got great idea's. Cool Generic your a game developer! Thats wicked ive been one for 7 years. Madrox I can raise it to 7 grand no problem :D Nick the reason Its going to be aroudn 5000$ is I want everything the best it can be. I want DDR3 Memory which is like 1.2 thousand alone for 4gb of it. I want dual 8800 Gtx Ultra's. Im thinking of calling Nvidia and getting a custom board done but probably not. I have a Windows Xp Pro and Windows Vista Ultimate and all the programs needed already. 2 Black Pearls 8800's? Never heard of those Ill look up on it. The first thing I am ordering is the case :p So that would be the first suggestion I need right now :D But feel free to suggest other high tech things too. Nick! Now your thinking High tech acourse I am getting Blue Ray! I am setting up Raid 5 Mirrior on my hard drives. So if you guys could give links on what you are talking about that would be great :D

Mad-Dog that would be a wicked case to mod... Could paint some blue flames on it. Or maybe put a smooth brushed aluminum finish on it. Would look sick. Put a retractable 7" touch screen in a 5.25" drive bay. But if you could try and find a Pre-Modded case :D Would look sick if it had something to do with skulls :D

nickc07

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
Sorry for giving you such a hard time. If I were you I would wait untill Christmas if you can. Mainly I would say have everything planned out and then on Black Friday order you stuff.

On a side note. I would get EVGA video cards. On the chance the next gen video cards come out soon atleast you can upgrade your cards.

Ulauma

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Nick. I always order EVGA I mostly order everything from them or Asus I love them so much! I cant wait till christmas :( My system is starting to fail and I have a big project due soon so I need to get it asap. I can pay for the parts right away I got the $ Im a game developer so I need a really good computer + I love to game so yeah Im willing to spend 7000$ max. Anyways please please please Suggest :D

GenericName

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2007
Artist/Programmer/ or Design?

Artist - 3D Max User at home and Maya at the office - waiting on Max 2008 to release in 2-3 weeks so I can't start churing out some Art at home again in Vista 64bit

No need to reveal any identity or games as I can respect your privacy as I don't like to give mine out either.

Ulauma

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Cool :D If you need a job add me at Jake-Artificialgames@hotmail.com a couple of friends and I started a game development company. Got a grant of 150k and looking for part time developers :D Yeah Madrox 7k :D I am all 3 Generic. Im more of a General Game Developer :D I got a beta of Maya 08 Its pretty good. Ok lets get back to focus :D Ok can anybody suggest a wicked case? and a good motherboard that supports DDR3 Memory. I already have a PSU in choice. Ultra X3 1000W :D I found my case :D Its from ultra too :D Here's the link. http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1215768&CatId=1510

nickc07

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
I wasnt only saying wait for money reasons. ALOT of new produces are coming out or rumored to come out very soon.

X38 Motherboards
PCIE 2.0
Nvidia 98xx
AMD Quad cores
Intel Peryrn

Ulauma

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
I just cant Wait Nick :D Im so excited about it + If you didnt read my post heres a reminder Im a game developer and my system is failing and I want to spend my money to get the best system I can get right now. With all the gadgets,etc. The reason im getting a DDR3 motherboard is its feature proof and someone over-clocked to 2032Mhz on a Asus Motherboard :D

Madrox

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
Im fond of my Cooler Master Stacker 830 but idk about water cooling. i want it but dont know what the space inside would be like.

Madrox

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
If you want to spend the money for a faster core clock get 2 8800 Ultra KO's i have 2 and love them, dump the PhysX card, you dont need it, newer cards eliminate the need for them.

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
I don't think there's a motherboard that supports SLI and DDR3...And if that's true, I'd go for the DDR3, like from kingston. Obviously you gotta get an Ultra, how about MSI's overclocked Ultra? The OX6850 is also an obvious choice. As for the HDs, you can get the WD's AAKS 500gig model. They are currently the fastest HD according to THG. The PSU would have to be Sliverstone 1200Watt, I read it is pretty good and quite. For the motherboard, I'll suggest Asus P5K3, although the newer x38 mbs are coming out soon. For the heatsink(only) go with the thermalright Ultra 120, it is the best heatsink you can get. You gotta buy a fan too, but I'm pretty sure you can pick it yourself. I don't what to suggest for the rest of your pc.

Ulauma

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
I picked out The Asus P5K3 Deluxe WiFi bundled with a Quad Core. It doesnt support SLI bit it supports Cross Fire so Ill get those video cards. I picked out the Ultra X3 1000W 85%+ PSU. Im in love with ultra plus the case I picked out has a door opening to the front of the case were you mount the CD-Rom and stuff. A removabal motherboard tray and much more :D Im getting a vapor cool system or a water cool system for my baby :D