New ATI drivers at Crysis release?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Games
  • Crysis
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
October 12, 2007 9:40:48 PM

So you all heard of the 7.10 catalyst which gave many games a 30% performance improvement, so is there any doubt that they wouldnt release a 7.11 driver which gave crysis this similiar boost? i mean crysis if any game should be the most optimized game because of its popularity. So does anyone else think ATI has a card up their sleeves for crysis with a fantastic new driver release?

More about : ati drivers crysis release

October 12, 2007 10:38:15 PM

devilray26 said:
So you all heard of the 7.10 catalyst which gave many games a 30% performance improvement, so is there any doubt that they wouldnt release a 7.11 driver which gave crysis this similiar boost? i mean crysis if any game should be the most optimized game because of its popularity. So does anyone else think ATI has a card up their sleeves for crysis with a fantastic new driver release?
Even if the HD 2900XT got a 30% performance increase in the Crysis beta that would still make the game completely unplayable. :??: 
October 12, 2007 10:39:43 PM

So, 30% of 15 frames is like...4.5 frames right. Well, have fun with that.

EDIT: I found this quote I'd like to share when a site decided to bench usuing 7.9 and 7.10...

[b said:
Single GPU Performance

Updated (10/10/07): The move from the 7.9 driver to the 7.10 "Shoot-em-up" Catalyst update didn't have much of an effect on our single graphics card performance at all. In only one or two instances did we see any changes, and neither was what I would call "drastic" enough to change my opinion on the HD 2900 XT for the current generation of DX10 games. The HD 2900 XT is a solid competitor against NVIDIA's 8800 GTS 640MB, but the Catalyst 7.10 driver hasn't done anything to overtake it. ]Single GPU Performance

Updated (10/10/07): The move from the 7.9 driver to the 7.10 "Shoot-em-up" Catalyst update didn't have much of an effect on our single graphics card performance at all. In only one or two instances did we see any changes, and neither was what I would call "drastic" enough to change my opinion on the HD 2900 XT for the current generation of DX10 games. The HD 2900 XT is a solid competitor against NVIDIA's 8800 GTS 640MB, but the Catalyst 7.10 driver hasn't done anything to overtake it.
[/b]

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=463
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 27, 2007 5:58:42 AM

Well seeing as I'm running XP, DX10 performance isnt a high priority for me.
And even running High @ 12x10 I'm seeing very playable framerates.
One thing ive found is dont change settings in game or without restarting or else i get glitched torsos in the Demo, the torsos flicker in and out

HIS 2900 Pro 512mb
a c 131 U Graphics card
October 27, 2007 10:51:12 PM

Well as they release a new driver ever month then the 7.11 will be due in Nov anyway and you would think unless they are asleep at ATI then its really got to have been at least attempted to be optimised to play Crysis well, but with most things i think it will take a few releases before all the bugs are out,with a game the size of Crysis i would be suprised if ther were not a few glitches that required patches be that downloaded or in the nexrt set of drivers.
Mactronix