Sign in with
Your question

Have P5N-E ~ Finally am going to OC. Need New Fan/Heatsink

Last response: in Overclocking
December 27, 2007 12:57:07 AM

OK, So I am finally endeavoring into OCing this bad boy. I have the P5N-E and the E6400 which is probably one of the best damn combos I could get for OCing.

Anyway, I am looking to buy a new Heatsink/Fan as I don't want to take it over 2.4ghz while still using the stock cooling.

So many people recommend the Artic Freezer Pro, BUT I don't even want to think about modifying it by shaving the corner off like so many have done.

Is there anyone that's using a really good heatsink/fan in their system that actually clears the Northbridge on this motherboard while keeping it cool. I am probably going to have the system sit anywhere from 2.66ghz - 3.0ghz depending on what seems stable after all is said and done. I just need something that will do a damn good job of not frying this thing.

Also an idea on a fan to mount ontop of the NB to keep it cool after I OC would be ideal as well. How would I mount a fan on there?

Thanks!
December 27, 2007 1:21:44 AM

The Zerotherm Nirvana seems to be a great deal, supposedly performs better than the Tuniq tower. If that's true, it's the 2nd best performer for air-cooling.
December 27, 2007 1:32:45 AM

Hey Evilonigiri

I too am looking for a good CPU cooler. I was originally looking at the TR120 but decided that was too much (E2180). I've looked at reviews of the Nirvana but they are mixed. Better than the Zalman 9700 and some say worse than the BTF92. (Might get Nirvana anyways because it has blue LEDs which will go with my blue Antec 900)

Have you done benchmarks or seen reliable reviews?
December 27, 2007 4:37:57 PM

Evilonigiri said:
The Zerotherm Nirvana seems to be a great deal, supposedly performs better than the Tuniq tower. If that's true, it's the 2nd best performer for air-cooling.

Yeah, I found one review of the Nirvana that they actually tested it on the P5N-E. So that might be a go.

Other suggestions would be great too still, as I'm not quite ready to buy.
!