fotoeye

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
My new components are on the way, and today I realized that the board, a GA-EX38 DS4, only has four Sata11 connections. When I read the specs it said it had six of them, but I didn't realize that two were for eSata. Live and learn I guess, but is there a way to use the eSata connection to power two more internals instead of externals?

foste

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
I haven't had hands on; however, from what I read they were simply to make an connections to an external hard drive easer. It shouldn't be that hard to connect them to an internal drive.

fotoeye

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
Was wondering if I could just plug two more internals into the esata connections on the board, or if they were different.

retro77

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2007
Yes, the eSata will be a different connector. you can get an external eSata drive housing to hold a Sata drive.

there are also esata cables with esata on one end and sata on the other...so just run the cable back in to the case..

Gigabyte game me one with my P35 DS3r. sometimes local shops will have tons from builds. That is how i got all my 90 degree sata cables...
owctcbsata11.jpg