Evga 650i ultra sound problem

bi0 hazard

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2007
Ive downloaded the latest Realtec sound drivers for the Evga 650i ultra mobo but the sound doesn't work even when I firstly downloaded the driver from the disc Ididn't work so now I inserted my head phones all I hear is a crackling noise, I'm using windows XP sp2 please help me and tell me how I can fix this problem.Thanks

Mondoman

Splendid
Check the Device Manager in the Control Panel/System to see if any devices (like your sound chip) are not working right - there will be a yellow question mark for the device.

sicksicksyn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
I had the same problem with the same board. When you install the realtek software provided off the evga site, it puts everything into the realtek folder in your -default-C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio directory (including the actual drivers). Go into the drivers folder which is inside the realtek folder. There is a KB888111xpsp2 self extracting cabinet, open that up and once it's done a new hardware notice should pop up. Do not allow windows to search for drivers automatically online. Select add hardware from specific location and use C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\Drivers\WDM.