Where can I buy a Samsung 226CW 22" monitor

computerinfo

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
Where can I buy a Samsung 226CW 22" monitor. Is it really only exclusive to Best Buy? If so, will it ever be sold from places like best buy.

I really want a good 22" LCD, but do not want to take a gamble on the 3 versions of the Samsung 226BW (S, A, C Version).

Any help would be appreciated...

bc4

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004

:hello: :sleep: :fou: :non: :ange: :bounce: :bounce: :na: :??: :lol:

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
From everything I have heard, they sell all of them under the designation 226BW and the only difference is when you take it apart slightly.

I just got one at the end of the summer and have a few friends that got the same and had no issues at all. I believe that they fixed much of what was wrong (or all of us were incredibly lucky), plus I heard the fix is minor if you have some pixel problems.

I don't think you should have to worry about it much. I have never seen an issue at all.

Good luck

computerinfo

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
The main reason I want the 226CW is because the screen in made by Samsung, whereas the screen on the 226BW is made my Samsung plus two other outsourced companies. They have 3 versions of the 226bw (S, A, C) with very different qualitys. The S version is made my Samsung.

mrmark27

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2007
personally i got the 206bw and the picture and everything on it is great. i've had it for a few months now and no dead pixels, games and movies are crystal clear and great

ktolle31

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
How can you tell which model is which with the 226bw. Is there some place it says if its the A, C, or S model?

xortam

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2007
On the product code line on the backside of the monitor, there will be an 'A' for Mexico, 'C' for China, and 'S' for Samsung. I purchased an 'A' .. was really terrible, returned it and went to Best Buy to buy the 226CW. Very happy I did that. There are some good sales going on for the BW as they are trying to rid their inventory.

MrCommunistGen

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
I did some reading. As I initially thought there are A C S versions of the 206BW as well and they have similar properties to the matching versions of the 226BW. Of note there is a 4th version of the 206BW... a "W" version which is the version I have. The panel seems to be a CPT 201WA04. I haven't noticed any problems with it, but I haven't had the opportunity to see any of the other versions either.

I also read somewhere that the S and A versions are sometimes mislabeled and that the only way to really verify without disassembly is with the built in (hidden) Service Function which can be accessed by setting contrast and brightness to 0, going back to the root menu, then holding down the Source button for 5 seconds. It will have the panel model towards the bottom next to "Panel Info. :" To get rid of it you have to cycle the power. Also, I have no idea what the Auto Auto feature is so I wouldn't mess with it.

-mcg