Sign in with
Your question

Forgotten Network Key

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 9, 2009 3:53:23 PM

I forgot my network key. How do I find it? I bought a new notepad and am having trouble connecting to netgear. my email is mariebeans@comcast.net

More about : forgotten network key

Anonymous
February 9, 2009 4:56:56 PM

The usual solution is to connect the computer to the router using an ethernet cable -- Netgear routers usually include a yellow ethernet cable in the box.

This bypasses the wireless security allowing you to login to the router user interface via Internet Explorer (type the address 192.168.0.1 into the IE address bar).

When you reach the router login box supply the Username "admin" and the Password "password" (without the quote marks).

Once you're in go to Wireless Settings and you should find the wireless security passphrase -- or can set a new one.

Confused ? Read the Netgear manual or setup guide.
February 10, 2009 2:21:48 AM

mariebeans said:
I forgot my network key. How do I find it? I bought a new notepad and am having trouble connecting to netgear. my email is mariebeans@comcast.net

you could do a factory reset usually if you just press in the reset button with a paperclip it will reset the password
Anonymous
February 10, 2009 8:21:57 AM

nindo said:
you could do a factory reset usually if you just press in the reset button with a paperclip it will reset the password

The problem with that suggestion, potentially, is that resetting to the defaults on some Netgear models disables wireless.
!