Sign in with
Your question
Closed

When I start my computer an error message appears - \

Last response: in Windows XP
March 10, 2010 8:17:11 AM

Hi,

When I start my computer I get an error message - rundll32.exe

I understand this is a registry problem/virus and there are many simple downloads to repair this .. however rundll32.exe will not let me connect to the internet so I am unable to download a fix.

Any help or suggestions ??
March 10, 2010 8:44:14 AM

Can you please write here the exact content shown in the error message?

If you know for sure that this problem caused by some virus / malware:

Try to reach for some system with internet connection, and download these software's:
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Try some of the Anti-Virus software. You can start with the free version of AVG.

Just burn these software's on CD, or copy them into some DOK.

*It is HIGHLY recommended that you will run these software's in Safe-Mode.
March 10, 2010 8:54:14 AM

Try booting into safe mode with networking (tap F8 on startup). If it is malware, you may have networking ability there. You can download malwarebytes and do a scan while in safe mode with networking.

However, it could be a simple registry error for a program that's trying to run at startup.
Related resources
March 10, 2010 12:55:14 PM

Matan Eldan said:
Can you please write here the exact content shown in the error message?

If you know for sure that this problem caused by some virus / malware:

Try to reach for some system with internet connection, and download these software's:
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Try some of the Anti-Virus software. You can start with the free version of AVG.

Just burn these software's on CD, or copy them into some DOK.

*It is HIGHLY recommended that you will run these software's in Safe-Mode.

Hi Matan,
Thanks for the reply, however the error code rundll32.exe will not let me connect to the Internet so I cannot download any sofgfttware to fix it
March 10, 2010 12:56:46 PM

aford10 said:
Try booting into safe mode with networking (tap F8 on startup). If it is malware, you may have networking ability there. You can download malwarebytes and do a scan while in safe mode with networking.

However, it could be a simple registry error for a program that's trying to run at startup.

Hi Aford . . . I can try this in Safe mode . . Thankyou,

If it is a simple registry error do you know how to fix it ?

Regards
March 10, 2010 12:59:11 PM

Make sure you go to safe mode with networking. In just safe mode, there isn't any network services running, but they are running in safe mode with networking.

If it's a simple registry error, then you can reinstall the program, or use a program like ccleaner to clean the registry.
January 27, 2012 8:53:33 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!