Sign in with
Your question

First timers (Halp please!)

Tags:
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
September 25, 2007 3:32:55 AM

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

So I've spent some time saving up some money to build a PC. I've read a book and watch numerous DIY videos on youtube on how to build your own PC. My goal is simple: To build my own pc for the first time ever. I have roughly 2k to work with, and I aim to build a gaming PC. I look around on some of the more popular websites but part/components and get so lost trying to find which mother board to use, and what components to build upon that motherboard. At this point I'd appreciate any advice, toward what to aim for or general tips on building PC. Thank you again.

More about : timers halp

September 25, 2007 6:14:15 AM

here ya go
September 25, 2007 12:50:47 PM

The hardest part was plugging in all the wires - I had friend help me with that because that's one thing you don't want to screw up lol

Wires coming out of the case - wires out of the power supply - you will dream about wires
Related resources
September 25, 2007 2:32:04 PM

GenericName said:
The hardest part was plugging in all the wires - I had friend help me with that because that's one thing you don't want to screw up lol

Wires coming out of the case - wires out of the power supply - you will dream about wires

It's not that hard, considering the plugs are designed where you can really only plug them in where they belong. Glad you have a decent amount of cash to work with.

Check out this article, it came out last week. http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/09/17/sbm_low_cost_sys... and you can read the other articles as well, it'll give you a good idea. If I were you though, I'd wait till after nVidia releases their new chipset for motherboards and intel releases their new processors and their new x38 motherboards in mid November, then decide and build. Those parts that are going to be coming out are quite a bit better than what's on the market now.
September 26, 2007 1:37:34 AM

Thanks for the help guys :)  This is exactly what I needed to continue from here.
!