Sign in with
Your question

Access Point or Powerline adapter?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 9, 2009 11:03:06 PM

I have terrible range with my wireless adapter and am looking for a way to increase the range and to make it cut out less. Should I get an access point or a powerline adapter to achieve ultimate range?
Anonymous
February 10, 2009 9:35:07 AM

Powerline adapters.

Grumpy
February 10, 2009 6:21:46 PM

Good day.

Selecting the appropriate device depends on the network environment.But both ideas will sure work in increasing the range of signal.For me using the power line adapter is a lot more reliable.But make sure the the whole premises is on the same circuit.Take note that when using powerlines ,internet travels through electric current.Therefore when it is connected on a different circuit t will not syncronized with the base station.
February 10, 2009 6:21:58 PM

Good day.

Selecting the appropriate device depends on the network environment.But both ideas will sure work in increasing the range of signal.For me using the power line adapter is a lot more reliable.But make sure the the whole premises is on the same circuit.Take note that when using powerlines ,internet travels through electric current.Therefore when it is connected on a different circuit t will not syncronized with the base station.
!