Access Point or Powerline adapter?

I have terrible range with my wireless adapter and am looking for a way to increase the range and to make it cut out less. Should I get an access point or a powerline adapter to achieve ultimate range?
3 answers Last reply
More about access point powerline adapter
  1. Powerline adapters.

Grumpy
  2. Good day.

Selecting the appropriate device depends on the network environment.But both ideas will sure work in increasing the range of signal.For me using the power line adapter is a lot more reliable.But make sure the the whole premises is on the same circuit.Take note that when using powerlines ,internet travels through electric current.Therefore when it is connected on a different circuit t will not syncronized with the base station.
  3. Good day.

Selecting the appropriate device depends on the network environment.But both ideas will sure work in increasing the range of signal.For me using the power line adapter is a lot more reliable.But make sure the the whole premises is on the same circuit.Take note that when using powerlines ,internet travels through electric current.Therefore when it is connected on a different circuit t will not syncronized with the base station.
Ask a new question

Read More

Connectivity Powerline Wireless Adapter Wireless Networking