8800 GT game benchmarks out

Not sure how VR-ZONE got their hands on a 8800 GT. They did some preliminary benchmarks, which seems too good to be true. Here is the link:
http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=194951

I will definitely get one when they come out.
26 answers Last reply
More about 8800 game benchmarks
  1. LOL I THOUGHT THIS WAS A JOKE!!!!

    But no its real, *pats my GTS on the head*
  2. Yep, seems about right for everything else being reported.

    I must say I cant wait and at thsi rate, ill probably be buying 2 of them for SLI! because in SLI it looks like itll beat a GTX silly lol.
  3. Yup SLI does sound very good for a card this cheap.
  4. When are these out?
  5. 8800gt beating 8800gts? I thought 8800gt are the weaker cards to be place between 8600gts and 8800gts 320.
  6. well, I think there it will terminates discussions like 8800gts 640MB vs. 8800gts 320 vs. 8800 GTX. Just get a 8800 gt :p
  7. I don't buy it. Look over the SCCT results, it spanks the 8800GTX in that one.
  8. pauldh said:
    I don't buy it. Look over the SCCT results, it spanks the 8800GTX in that one.

    Good point and there's one where the Ultra pulls way ahead of the GTX. Well only time will tell if the 8800GT is good or not.
  9. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WTF!!! I finally get a GTS and a cheaper card comes out that kicks its ass!!! Oh well, my GTS is kicking ass in all the games I got anyway. Still might sell it so I can an 8800GT or a 2950 next month.
  10. whats the price gonna be?
  11. looks sweet....
  12. Yes it h as been rumored for a while that it will beat 8800gts.

    Thats why nvidia are releasing new 8800gts's with 112SP's, instead of 96.

    As fr that SCCT one, whats SCCT? if its some kind of app rather then a game that may be why.


    ----------------
    edit:

    Its also rumored that this card has 112 SP's.


    I also think nvidia decided to release the 8800gt as a better product because of the ATI cards coming out. (thats jsut me though)
  13. So what are they gonna do to make the GTX look good? No point in buying it now if the gt is almost as good but way cheaper. If the gts gets upgraded than the gtx is even more pointless to buy.
  14. lets wait for more better and reliable sites make a review about it
  15. Why doesnt toms hardware ever get to test new (before its released) hardware any more?
  16. Maziar said:
    lets wait for more better and reliable sites make a review about it
    yeah, I dont really trust that either myevilprocessor.blogspot yeah right
  17. chaosgs said:
    So what are they gonna do to make the GTX look good? No point in buying it now if the gt is almost as good but way cheaper. If the gts gets upgraded than the gtx is even more pointless to buy.



    Its not poitnless to buy atm by any means. I expect the price of it will come down and be increidlby close to the newer 8800gts 112sp's.
  18. Those are hard to believe...mmm, we'll see though.
  19. justinmcg67 said:
    Those are hard to believe...mmm, we'll see though.



    How come? I thought theyd be about right.
  20. chaosgs said:
    So what are they gonna do to make the GTX look good? No point in buying it now if the gt is almost as good but way cheaper. If the gts gets upgraded than the gtx is even more pointless to buy.

    Nothing
    http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=43412&page=22

    Before:
    8800 GTS (320/640MB): 90nm G80 with 96 scalar processors enabled.
    8800 GTX/Ultra 768MB: 90nm G80 with 128 scalar processors enabled.


    Now:
    8800 GT (256/512MB): new 65nm G92 GPU with x scalar processors enabled.
    8800 GTS (320/640MB) -presumably old stocks-: same as before.
    "new" 8800 GTS 640MB: same as before, but with 112 scalar processors enabled on the same 90nm G80.

    This all could change too
    8800GT-256bit, 256mb/512mb, 112SP (origionally to be 96SP)
    8800GTX-384bit, 768mb, 128SP
    8800GTS-320bit, 640mb, 112SP (adding 16SP because of the 8800GT)

    The GTX still has a bigger memory bus and more vram, and more SP (128 to 112) but still a 80nm chip, GT a 65nm chip
  21. kpo6969 said:
    Nothing
    http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=43412&page=22

    Before:
    8800 GTS (320/640MB): 90nm G80 with 96 scalar processors enabled.
    8800 GTX/Ultra 768MB: 90nm G80 with 128 scalar processors enabled.


    Now:
    8800 GT (256/512MB): new 65nm G92 GPU with x scalar processors enabled.
    8800 GTS (320/640MB) -presumably old stocks-: same as before.
    "new" 8800 GTS 640MB: same as before, but with 112 scalar processors enabled on the same 90nm G80.

    This all could change too
    8800GT-256bit, 256mb/512mb, 112SP (origionally to be 96SP)
    8800GTX-384bit, 768mb, 128SP
    8800GTS-320bit, 640mb, 112SP (adding 16SP because of the 8800GT)

    The GTX still has a bigger memory bus and more vram, and more SP (128 to 112) but still a 80nm chip, GT a 65nm chip


    Will adding 16 SP to the GTS make it anybetter than the GT? I wouldnt think it would...........
  22. ShortRef said:
    Will adding 16 SP to the GTS make it anybetter than the GT? I wouldnt think it would...........

    I didn't say it would be better, I was just showing why Nvidia probably will do nothing with the GTX. ok?
    This is what my post was referring to:
    "So what are they gonna do to make the GTX look good? No point in buying it now if the gt is almost as good but way cheaper. If the gts gets upgraded than the gtx is even more pointless to buy."
  23. Hatman said:
    How come? I thought theyd be about right.


    I just don't see how a company would make a significantly cheaper product outperform its flagship product; business speaking, it makes no sense. :heink:

    It's like ATI releasing a HD2900SE and having it perform on par with an XT, but costing much less. They'd probably lose a bunch of money on XT and Pro sales, thus, losing even more money. Makes no sense. (this is all hypothetical though.)
  24. justinmcg67 said:
    I just don't see how a company would make a significantly cheaper product outperform its flagship product; business speaking, it makes no sense. :heink:

    It's like ATI releasing a HD2900SE and having it perform on par with an XT, but costing much less. They'd probably lose a bunch of money on XT and Pro sales, thus, losing even more money. Makes no sense. (this is all hypothetical though.)


    I couldn't agree more,I smell shenanigans!
  25. justinmcg67 said:
    I just don't see how a company would make a significantly cheaper product outperform its flagship product; business speaking, it makes no sense. :heink:

    It's like ATI releasing a HD2900SE and having it perform on par with an XT, but costing much less. They'd probably lose a bunch of money on XT and Pro sales, thus, losing even more money. Makes no sense. (this is all hypothetical though.)



    Maybe because currently the ATI cards are going to kick nvidias ass for price/performance?

    Think how much cheaper 55nm is to make then 90nm.
  26. justinmcg67 said:
    I just don't see how a company would make a significantly cheaper product outperform its flagship product; business speaking, it makes no sense. :heink:

    It's like ATI releasing a HD2900SE and having it perform on par with an XT, but costing much less. They'd probably lose a bunch of money on XT and Pro sales, thus, losing even more money. Makes no sense. (this is all hypothetical though.)


    no it s more like a 2950se. a cheaper to make thus cheaper selling and more accessible(so bigger profits) , more efficient (so no new power supply needed and less noisy and heaty=more sales) brand new card.

    also the top end 500$ card will probably be replaced with a r680 dual gpu.

    same thing with nvidia

    8800gtx and 2900xt are old tech or soon to be
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Graphics