Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I am running XP Pro. Every time I use the "x" key on the keyboard, the OS
leaves whatever I am doing and selects a drop down window from the next
letter I type. Living in Texas, you can see how frustrating this can be.
Can anyone please explain to me how to turn this "feature" off?

Many thanks.

Dave Francois

This is not a feature. On most keyboards the X key is located very close to the left Alt key. I would suspect your keyboard needs cleaning, or that there's something small lodged in the keys between X and Alt.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Dave" <djfrancois@aol.com> wrote in message news:n6ydnRoUw7lY6kzfRVn-3w@comcast.com...
>I am running XP Pro. Every time I use the "x" key on the keyboard, the OS
> leaves whatever I am doing and selects a drop down window from the next
> letter I type. Living in Texas, you can see how frustrating this can be.
> Can anyone please explain to me how to turn this "feature" off?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Dave Francois

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

You hit the nail on the head. Many thanks for the practical observation.

Dave

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
Display\Security
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Dave" <djfrancois@aol.com> wrote in message
>I am running XP Pro. Every time I use the "x" key on the keyboard, the OS
> leaves whatever I am doing and selects a drop down window from the next
> letter I type. Living in Texas, you can see how frustrating this can be.
> Can anyone please explain to me how to turn this "feature" off?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Dave Francois

You're welcome :)