mashimario5

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
well Im currently looking at the dv6tqe 7000 im having trouble deciding I want the best i can possibly afford "that my girlfriend will let me"

first question is the processor prices,

3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM Processor (2.3 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
Included in price

3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM Processor (2.6 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
+$175.00

3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820QM Processor (2.7 GHz, 8MB L3 Cache)
+$400.00

is that 3820 really that much better? i will be playing games and i'd like to record game play using fraps or something idk yet
I play a lil w.o.w occasionally mw3 i do more with after effects and photoshop then anything i want a FAST computer that loads quickly..

Im on a inspiron 530 with a duo coreE4600 with 3.25gigs of ram its CRAP lol

and i read in a previous topic basically saying that the video card upgrade is a rip off..

NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 630M Graphics with 1GB GDDR3 memory [HDMI, VGA]
Included in price
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 1GB GDDR5 memory [HDMI, VGA]
+$75.00
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 2GB GDDR5 memory [HDMI, VGA]
+$125.00

---------------------------------------------------------------
im currently on a HIS radeon 6400 1 gig pciex16??? something like that its was a 40 dollar card on amazon
it does its job but ive been saving for something better,,decided to get a laptop..

and ill get the 16 gig ram upgrade and windows ultimate to support it but im wondering mainly on the video card and processor OR possibly a better deal of a laptop all together comes out to about 1200 its alot of cheese whats a good spec or laptop to run ANY game as well as recording and be able to edit in after effects comfortably ?

website looks good btw ive been coming here since i was 12 learned alot here just now signed up =(
thanks,

mashimario5

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
just by looking at that i only see a .1 difference on the "windows experience" so i could probably save 400 bucks just with the stock i7? and still use after effects without to much delay?

Hi :)

1200 will get you an average gaming laptop...NOT a good one....

Pcs are much cheaper and better for gaming...

All the best Brett :)

mashimario5

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
sooo,, i should get over the laptop idea and go desktop? i really would prefer it honestly i like tinkering with my computer , I was just suspended for a injury at work and ive decided to move on and get a better job building CRAPPY school buses isnt for me,,, but with that said,,, lol im going to get my 401k and invest in a nice computer doesnt necessarily have to be a laptop any suggestions for a good build for gaming/video editing/recording game play? and thank you EVERYONE for the help