Sign in with
Your question

MSI K8N Diamond and windows Vista

Last response: in Motherboards
October 22, 2007 4:48:38 PM

Hi guys.

Has anyone come across any known issues with the MSI K8N diamond Mainboard and the Vista operating system?

The reason i ask is that 90% of the time when i quit out of certain games and apps the operating system will crash. i am running the following system (at present i am leaning towards it being an issue with my old GFX card. as it died but at present have no peant to text this theory until tomorrow when i recieve my new Nvidia 8800GTS card.)

MSI K8N diamond mainboard
2gig of Corsair XMS memory
Hyper type R 580 watt PSU
x2 160 gig IDE Maxtor hard disks
x1 120 gig IDE maxtor hard disk
x2 80 giga SATA hard disks
XFX geforce 7900 GT/O. (this card has died over the weekend and is being replaced by a ASUS geforce 8800 GTS card)

i hope i dont have to fork out for a new mainboard if that is the case with vista not being supported by my mainboard.

any help or advice/recommendations will be greatly appreciated. :) 

Many thanks

Deltaglaze
October 23, 2007 12:57:41 AM

Can you describe the "crash" in detail? What exactly happens?
October 23, 2007 5:48:04 AM

I suppose the best way o can describe the crash is that when i alt tab or quit out of an application (be it a game or other piece of software) the screen desk top turns into a pixelatted nightmare only thing I can do is reboot. nothing else seems to work.

hope this description helps a little.

Deltaglaze
Related resources
October 23, 2007 6:37:26 AM

update ur drivers.get the latest ones from ur manufacturer's website.
if its an MSI K8n diamond--it must be a socket 939 board and i guess its an nvidia nforce4 chipseet based board.get the latest drivers for ur video card as well as ur motherboard from www.nvidia.com
October 23, 2007 3:49:13 PM

thanks for the info mate, i'll do that as soon as i get my pc back up and running.
!