MSI P6N SLI No front panel audio detected

escape1979uk

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2007
Hello all,

I recently built a (mostly) new system, including a MSI P6N SLI motherboard.
The case it is currently housed in has a font audio connector for the standard Mic and headphone sockets, yet when plugged into the mob, I get nothing.

Ive updated drivers, reseated the connections, scoured the bios for a fix and falshed the bios to the newest one in search of a fix but still nothing.

It a realtek HD controller. The strange thing is that it immediately finds it if I plug a headphone/mic set into the back panel. just not in the front.

As far as I know, there is nothing physically wrong with the connections, and unless I am mistaken, with this particular connection you cant get it wrong.

it looks like this kinda

xx
x
xx
xx Imagine the X being pins

and the connector from the case looks like this

oo
o
oo
oo Im sure you get it by now....

So any ideas?!

thanks!

escape1979uk

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2007
Fixed!

Just read some very random post about audio connectors and the way that they auto detect, and decided to check the possibility that it was merely a detection problem.

So in HD audio settings, turned off auto detect, told the damn software that there was headphones and a Mic plugged in and hey presto!

All working

nog_lorp

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Hey, I had the same problem you had, and figured out the solution right before reading your post :D.

I have RealTek audio with a GigaByte mobo though.

Kaspar

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
I got the same problem, and same type of motherboard, but it wont detect at all.
I try to tell it to detect the front ports, but it's not happening...