Could you experienced folk comment on my build?

Jhawth

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Hey guys,

Fairly new to building PC's, as in I've built about 3 of them around 10 years ago, and now building myself a new budget-ish gaming rig. Here's the dirt:

CPU - i7 3770k
CPU cooler - Hyper 212 EVO
MB - ASRock z77 extreme 4
RAM - Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600 8gb (2 x 4gb)
HD - Seagate 1TB 7,200 rpm 6gb sata
GC - MSI N660 Ti PE 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support
PSU - Corsair GS800
cd/dvd - under $20 drive that has sata connections on it, only plan on using it to install OS.
OS - Windows 8 pro
Case - Antec P280 Black Super Mid Tower

I apologize if the terminology is off, and I am typing this off the top of my head (excel spreadsheet is at home on laptop, im at work atm) but to the best of my knowledge everything should be correct, or will need a little more clarification which I can do later.

Is there anything that jumps out as a bad or questionable choice?

I've had a hard time finding a mobo I want. I don't care about bluetooth, I don't care about external sata connections, etc. Basically all I want in a mobo is for it to not slow down any of my components, PCI 3.0 for graphics card, and be able to connect a 6gb sata hdd and in the future add a SSD with 6gb transfer rate. SLI would be nice to have in case I want to do that in the future, but I can't see myself needing or wanting that anytime soon. Thanks guys, hopefully you don't get a headache reading my broken grammar!

Edit: so I changed my mind on a couple things last minute. Went with a i7 3770K - it was 229... couldnt pass it up! and then bought the z77 Extreme 4 instead of the MSI z77a G45 board. also got windows 8 instead of 7 because 8 was cheaper... who knows if I'll even like it.

Is this setup decent? looking for some kind of feed back, thanks!