EVGA 122-CK-NF67-T1 nForce 680i LT SLI

CRH7386

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this motherboard? I want a 680i motherboard and this ones seems cheaper and the ones that weren't DOA seemed to work great. I want to run a 8800 gtx and 2 of them in SLI in the future and I'm also going to use a Q6600 and would like to be able to overclock, although I'm not worried about pushing the limits, just a decent overclock. Would this be a good board? And does anyone know if in SLI it would be running at X16 in both slots? Thanks in advance.

Here's the link at newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188015

Mondoman

Splendid
In general, nVidia-based boards don't overclock as well as Intel-based boards. Also remember that for SLI mode both video cards need to be the same model. If you buy only one video card now, you'll likely find that the same model card is not available any more some months later.

jedi940

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
I am thinking about buying this for my friends computer. I noticed that the pcie x16 slots are farther away than most mobos. Is this a problem for the SLI bridge or will it reach across?

dashbarron

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
Hmm, no idea about the SLI bridge. But I would think that PCI-E x16's farther away would be a good thing. Why? A lot of high-end cards come with a dual-spot cooler. Meaning that the heatsink/fan take up not only their alloted space, but overshadow the space next to them on the board.

I havent seen the 4-placer Crossfire set-ups, but if you look at a few of the Tri-SLI boards for the 780I northbridge, you'll notice they put in lower-end PCI slots between. So they save room on the board, but still space it out for those who really think they need three cards.

I know crossfire has a dinky short-connector, but I would assume there's extensions or Nvidia comes with a longer connection.

tlmck

Distinguished

680i will not do Penryn. You have to go up to the 750i or 780i.

I have a -AR (early Rev. 1) board bought Dec. 2006. The difference in price between a "-A" board and a "-T" board is that the "-A" board comes with a full set of cables - 6 SATA, a round IDE and a round floppy cable, and a few other cables and adapters. The "-T" package comes with a bare minimum of cables.

I can run the FSB on my board up to 450 MHz. Anything higher and the MCP temp runs too hot. Maybe later boards will run faster. I have seen reports of late rev. Intel boards capable of running the FSB past 500 MHz.

I think that if you really want an nVidia board, you should wait for the 780i's.

sweeet0087

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
EVGA 122-CK-NF67-T1 nForce 680i LT SLI is great, pairing it with q6600 n' GeForce 8800 GT, works well. i have these babies w/ 2GB DDR2 1142 corsair memory. Affordable yet has high performance. Perfect for gaming, as i can say.