My USB drives on my case will not work on my new PC.

mykul

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
I have a P5N32 mobo and Stacker 832 case. I installed the USB drives but they will not work.

Any advice?

mykul

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
Yes, there is one on the upper left of the mobo and 2 on the bottom left, I have them plugged into the bottom 2.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
I have to assume you mean bottom right, because the header on the bottom left is the 1394 (firewire) connector.

1124x9j.jpg

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Assuming that you are plugged into the correct headers, try unplugging all of the case USBs and plug them into the included bracket to test them. If that doesn't work check the device manager to see that the host controller is working properly.

mykul

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
The dang connectors weren't even connected to the front of the case. I tried to open the front end of the case where you turn the power on and I cracked the top part of the case. :fou:

It looks like these were supposed to be plugged in before I recieved the case.

Now I have a damaged Stacker 832 case. aaaargh!

No where on the manual shows how to take that thing off.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Cases can sometimes be a puzzle. I hope it's not too bad. At least you found the cause. I think I would rather have a little crack in my case and access to the front/top USB ports.

I know this sounds like BS, but you learned to take more time and use less force. Lord knows how much stuff I have broken over the years, and every time I do, I learn not to do it in similar circumstances. Everyone has done it just move on. It's like the first scratch on a new car, don't let it get you down.