Sign in with
Your question

Can my damaged wireless be fixed by removing and re-installing windows xp pro

Last response: in Windows XP
March 11, 2010 7:45:57 PM

Windows XP Pro SP3. The wireless is damaged on my Dell 5100 Laptop. The computer tech says he has to remove and reinstall Win XP Pro in order to fix it. Is there any other way that I can try?
March 11, 2010 7:58:59 PM

Removing and re-installing the driver maybe, but not Windows!
March 11, 2010 8:57:36 PM

If the card is damaged and not the driver, no amount of reinstalling anything is going to fix it. If it's something with the network subsystem, a Windows repair may do the job. If it's malware, then you'll have to download something like MalwareBytes to clean the system.

Does the card work at all?
March 12, 2010 2:45:14 AM

888732,3,2462 said:
If the card is damaged and not the driver, no amount of reinstalling anything is going to fix it. If it's something with the network subsystem, a Windows repair may do the job. If it's malware, then you'll have to download something like MalwareBytes to clean the system.

Does the card work at all?[/quotemsg

If I attach my verizon mifi I have access to the web, but after a while the icon for connection 3 on the task bar intermittently start to flash an error and I have to close down and restart.

If i plug in a wireless USB and disconnect the mifi, it works for awhile and then disconnects.

Everything on the pc indicates I have wireless, but it won't connect unless the mifi or the wireless USB is in use.

I have run malawarebytes and avg 9
!