jamessweet60

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2007
Hi I'm thinking about building a new pc and trying to figure out if pc parts in general give off any harmful radiation. I've never heard of this before but since I"m thinking of incorporating fish into my idea i thought i should check it out.

ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
james

Madrox

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
Well common knowledge... Fish cannot live in the particular water you are using to cool your PC, next comes the fact that the fish water cant frequently change in temp. if it does they will go into shock and die. The only fish that could pull ANY of this off s a cheap goldfish. And if you DO try this don't waste money on a fish (or many fish) that cost over ten cents.

Radiation isn't even really a problem, they will most likely die before it would get to them.

jamessweet60

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2007
ok let me be more specific im building a case and putting it in a tank. i will be using african ciclids. Im in no way shape or form using any coolent/ it in water cooling.

nickc07

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
Back to what madrox said is still the problem.

The change in temp will kill the fish. The only way I can see this possible is if the fish are on the very bottom of a full tower then you have fans all blowing air away from the fish.

I also would be worried about the vibrations. It has been a long time since high school biology but I think fish dont like it.

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
What people will do with too much time on their hands.

I understand it's a hobby and all, but some people spend more time "pimpin' out" their rigs than actually using them.

To the OP, good luck... post some pics when your done... this I have to see before I leave this planet.

jamessweet60

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2007
nick the specific fish type that i will get for this will have a water temp of about 70-80* and are very hardy fish. (owned em previously) Will have water heater also when pc not on it will keep a relative temp.

but thanks i forgot about vibrations ill go look up on how to due that. But will have to check cause some water filtrations send off vibrations too so will check to see how much vibrations PC will give off.

utaka95

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Are you gonna use Malawian or Tanganikan's? I used to breed Peacock's, white Labs and red & blue Zebra's. Those fish all like huge tanks, though.