Sign in with
Your question

Please help me overclock!!

Last response: in Overclocking
December 31, 2007 7:10:03 PM

Help me overclock my E6700 cpu i've got it to 2.84 (Default 2.66 and 1066 fsb) on my p5n32 sli se deluxe by just altering the fsb speed (1136) but now i'm moving into the voltage increasing and and memory, if i need to. it's confusing me i've taken pictures of my bios on all the advanced menus

At the moment i have a artic freezer pro 7 on the way and an antec p180 case with lots of fans.

My temps are 51C (Core 0) and 53C (Core 1) and the Tjuntion is 85C i'm using Core temp 0.95 to read these

If anyone can help it'll be greatly appreciated

More about : overclock

December 31, 2007 8:41:47 PM

Hi linsypaula,

ok now you need to start upping your voltages a bit, although I really wouldn't recommend pushing it much further until you arctic freezer pro 7 arrives. When your ready increase the FSB some more. You will no longer to run very stable or boot past the BIOS and so increase your vcore voltage for added stability. Generally speaking you shouldn't go pass the 1.5v mark if you don't want to decrease the longevity of your board and cpu, but without the pro 7, I wouldn't go passed 60C, probably about 1.39. Vcore will begin to increase your temps but is needed to run stable. I need 1.481 vcore to run my E6700 stable @ 3.6ghz. other things will need increasing but I would start to look through the guides at the top of the overclocking part of the forum for some guidance as I'm not familiar with the BIOS layout of your board.

this should give you somewhere to work from. happy new year.
!