SC4: total employment graph? % unemployed graph?

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Does SC4 have any way to display the trend of what percentage of your
population is unemployed? There are the population and employment graphs of
course, but they only graph the breakdown of where the jobs are.

That Guy wrote:

> Does SC4 have any way to display the trend of what percentage of your
> population is unemployed? There are the population and employment graphs of
> course, but they only graph the breakdown of where the jobs are.

Nope.

"Mike Richmann" <richmann@concentric.net> wrote in message
> That Guy wrote:
> >
> > Does SC4 have any way to display the trend of what percentage of your
> > population is unemployed? There are the population and employment
graphs of
> > course, but they only graph the breakdown of where the jobs are.
>

> Nope.

Bummer.

That Guy wrote:

> "Mike Richmann" <richmann@concentric.net> wrote in message
> > That Guy wrote:
> > >
> > > Does SC4 have any way to display the trend of what percentage of your
> > > population is unemployed? There are the population and employment
> graphs of
> > > course, but they only graph the breakdown of where the jobs are.
> >

> > Nope.
>
> Bummer.

About the best you can do is try to infer it from watching the ratio of
R to C demand but it's far from intuitive...
---
Mike

Mike Richmann wrote:
> About the best you can do is try to infer it from watching the ratio of
> R to C demand but it's far from intuitive...

I use the CSX Unemployment Office lot for this purpose. As well as a job
(or dole as you please) for 750 low wealth sims it gives you some
insight on current jobs/workforce.
Try it out:
http://www.simtropolis.com/lots/index.cfm?mode=files&filetype=Lot&Str=CSX%20Unemployment%20Office%20RH
Cheers,
Joost

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Any talk about employment is going to involve the pathfinding and demand
engines.

Basically, every residential Sim needs a job. After the building completes
construction, the Sim starts looking for the nearest job that fits their
wealth level. If they don't find a suitable job after awhile, they show a
No Job Zot and the property is abandoned or distressed (devolves to a lower
wealth level and tries again).

Basically, every Sim that needs to have a job has to find one. Otherwise
they skip town. So employment is always at 100%.

"joost68" <joost68@antwerpen.be.invalid> wrote in message
> Mike Richmann wrote:
> > About the best you can do is try to infer it from watching the ratio of
> > R to C demand but it's far from intuitive...
>
> I use the CSX Unemployment Office lot for this purpose. As well as a job
> (or dole as you please) for 750 low wealth sims it gives you some
> insight on current jobs/workforce.
> Try it out:

http://www.simtropolis.com/lots/index.cfm?mode=files&filetype=Lot&Str=CSX%20Unemployment%20Office%20RH
> Cheers,
> Joost

Thank you, I will try that! By the way, do you know what CSX stands for?

That Guy wrote:
> "joost68" <joost68@antwerpen.be.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>Mike Richmann wrote:
>>
>>>About the best you can do is try to infer it from watching the ratio of
>>>R to C demand but it's far from intuitive...
>>
>>I use the CSX Unemployment Office lot for this purpose. As well as a job
>>(or dole as you please) for 750 low wealth sims it gives you some
>>insight on current jobs/workforce.
>>Try it out:
>>

> http://www.simtropolis.com/lots/index.cfm?mode=files&filetype=Lot&Str=CSX%20Unemployment%20Office%20RH
>
>>Cheers,
>>Joost
>

> Thank you, I will try that! By the way, do you know what CSX stands for?

No idea.
Cheers