dompadidodadollidado

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
My planned build:

CASE: Antec 182b
MB: Asus P5K
CPU: E6750
RAM: 2GB PC-6400 (with another 2GB planned in the future)
GPU: XFX 8800 GTS 320MB
COOLING: Scythe Ninja PLUS
HDD: 2x Samsung SpinPoint 400GB

How much power do I need?

ps. I will overclock

nickc07

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
I dont understand this whole quiet PC thing. My computer is in my bed room. If I am on my PC I have my head phones on either talking on teamspeak, playing games, listening to music. I never hear my PC when my head phones are on.

When I am trying to sleep the quiet hum puts me to sleep. I turn off my computer some at nights but it is just different trying to get to sleep without that noise. I guess I am used to it after 8 years of hearing it.

akhilles

Splendid
Torrenting? Most likely you'll be hearing the hard disk.

Corsair HX 520W has up to 40A combined. I don't see why it can't power Ultra (525W 37A), but it MAY be pushing it. It's your money. Get what you want.

dompadidodadollidado

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
I don't have any plans to upgrade to 8800 ultra or even to the next lineup of geforce. My plan is to build it as a gamer/htpc/seedbox so when it has outgrown it gaming capabilities (I play mostly RTS) I will use it for fileserver and htpc. Therefore I'd like it to be silent as well as good performing :) I want it all :p

Anyhow, thank you. I'm glad to hear 520 will be enough.

The 450w Corsair PSU can handle what you have, so the 520w one would be more than enough, as I stated earlier. You can get what you want, so enjoy building it and come back and let us know.