Mordar

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2008
Hello,

I've got a currently unusable RAID based system - nothing can see or use the RAID, and I'm wondering if the probem lies in the BIOS. Unfortunately I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to hardware and the BIOS, so would appreciate any ideas.

It's an MSI P7N Diamond motherboard running Ami BIOS.

Nothing other than the DVD drive shows up in the standard CMOS settings, and there's no indication of any hard disks anywhere. RAID mode in 'Integrated Peripherals' is set to 'IDE'. In onboard ata devices, RAID mode is 'RAID', sata controller is enabled and sata channels 5 and 6 are enabled, all the other channels are disabled. Does that mean it sees something there?

I'm open to any suggestions or ideas, thanks in advance

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
thats not unstable that is a melt down - its fried or i think you did not make it! you have to create the raid

that is correct the hdd will not show up only the dvd - if enable the dvd channel to raid it will disapear too.

if you madethe raid then did you build the raid with overclock system? you must build the raid with normal settings and load os the same

yes the drives do not show up they are in the raid utlity not the mobo bios

sounds like you did not make the raid

enable the channels that you want raid - if you hdd on 1 and 2 only enable them

yes your correct you should have the sata set as raid

what mobo? many mobos have dual raid set ups - i can see its nvidia chipset from the questions