PCI sound card problem with 965P-DS3P

nosound

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2007
I recently installed an Echo Darla PCI sound card in my 965P-DS3P motherboard. When I installed the card the "found new hardware" wizard didn't come up. I then tried "Add hardware". When I look at the properties of the Darla card in device manager it has an error "This device cannot start. (code 10)" . I've tried swapping PCI slots but get the same problem. I've also tried the latest driver from Echo. The card worked OK in my previous XP PC so I'm guessing there is some conflict with other devices on this motherboard.
I was wondering if there could be a conflict with the on board Realtek sound chip but can't see a way to disable this in the BIOS.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

nosound

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2007
Thanks for the suggestion. Gigabyte suggested to Disable the "Azalia Codec" in the BIOS setup. I've done this and there's no improvement. (After disabling the Azalia Codec the Realtek doesn't appear in device manager so I haven't directly removed its drivers.)

nosound

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2007
Just now I re-enabled the Azalia codec. Then uninstalled the "RealTek High Definition Audio" drivers and then disabled the Azalia codec in BIOS. Unfortunately there' no improvement. The Darla card still comes up with a Code 10 error.

nosound

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2007
Yes, I'm running XP. The card worked OK in my previous PC which was a Compaq with an AMD Athlon processor.
This new PC has a Intel 6320.

simlev

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2007
Easy answer for me: pci cards DO NOT WORK with my new mobo; imagine how happy I am. They show different behaviour:
a) US Robotics 56k modem -> no boot at all, screen remains off.
b) Conceptronic Pata/Sata controller -> after POST I get a blank screen with a blinking cursor in the top-left corner.
c) S3 graphics card -> completely ignored by the system, as if it weren't there.
d) US robotics LAN card -> completely ignored by the system, as if it weren't there.

Dumb answers from Gygabyte support:
a) swap pci slot
b) update BIOS (as if I hadn't already)
c) change PCI latency to 64 (not so dumb but already tried as well)
d) check to see if the expansion card is manufactured according to PCI specifications

Unsaid correct answer: product is defective, try to return it to dealer because we don't offer a guarantee.

TRENDING THREADS