Sign in with
Your question

Where can i buy x2 5000+ black edition

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
October 6, 2007 9:16:42 AM

Can anyone help me to find where i can buy that CPU?
Thanks in advance

More about : buy 5000 black edition

October 6, 2007 12:39:44 PM

tiger has them - i checked they are gone

amd has spray paint chips black and slap special edition on it to get some real activity going! Real Genius move again!
October 6, 2007 1:19:00 PM

Oh I love the "Black Edition Chips".

We now provide Unlocks Multipliers so you could Overclock these CPUs. Too back they can't OC worth a darn.
Related resources
October 6, 2007 2:14:41 PM

I bet www.i'llbuyanythingAMDsells.com and www.I'mjustasheep.com both have them in stock.
a b à CPUs
October 6, 2007 2:26:46 PM

Better off just getting the 6000+ considering that's about the limit of AMD's OC capabilities.
October 6, 2007 2:41:28 PM

The x2 6000+ makes much more sense.

AMD offers some good value if you are not an over-clocker.
If you are, they don't hold the value like they used to for OCers.

The only thing the "Black Edition" offers is unlock multipliers to supposedly ehance it's OC ability, but it's not really the multiplier that is limiting these chips, but rather the speed the CPU it could reach regardless of the multiplier.
October 6, 2007 3:23:55 PM

rodney_ws said:
I bet www.i'llbuyanythingAMDsells.com and www.I'mjustasheep.com both have them in stock.
LMAO
October 6, 2007 4:45:49 PM

zenmaster said:
The x2 6000+ makes much more sense.

AMD offers some good value if you are not an over-clocker.
If you are, they don't hold the value like they used to for OCers.

The only thing the "Black Edition" offers is unlock multipliers to supposedly ehance it's OC ability, but it's not really the multiplier that is limiting these chips, but rather the speed the CPU it could reach regardless of the multiplier.

Very well balanced post, I agree with you.

I also believe the "Black Edition" does not come with a heatsink.

OCers will have to stay away from AMD for now.
October 6, 2007 5:11:21 PM

rodney_ws said:
Aw, c'mon. I hear these Black chips will soon be part of an enthusiast combo, the other part being a new revision of a super OC'ed x1900xt. Guess they figure they can corner the retro enthusiast market. :D 
October 7, 2007 1:22:15 PM

TechnologyCoordinator said:
Very well balanced post, I agree with you.

I also believe the "Black Edition" does not come with a heatsink.

OCers will have to stay away from AMD for now.

i like to OC sometimes, but it is not the only reason why would i buy this CPU. It's cheaper (main reason), and i have heatsink. I'll stay with AMD allways (no offense to intel fanboys), so untill barcelona came out (real barcelona-3,0GHz and+), i thought that would be most reasonable investment. I have x2 4200 for now.
October 7, 2007 2:23:44 PM

from what i've seen even the 5200+ black edition cant beat the normal 6000+. there is supposed to b a price cut from amd tomorrow i think. reeeally look forward to that :D 
October 7, 2007 2:34:41 PM

Or you can get the 5200+ or the 5400+ for cheaper w/o needing to OC.

Or even keep what you have.
It's not likely to hlep much for gaming if that is your interest.

w/o looking at your system a GPU upgrade or something else may work better. Or save your funds to assist with the Phenom upgrade when it's available.
October 7, 2007 2:35:18 PM

thanks, Baron, ( and everybody else )
October 7, 2007 3:12:02 PM

zenmaster said:
Or you can get the 5200+ or the 5400+ for cheaper w/o needing to OC.

Or even keep what you have.
It's not likely to hlep much for gaming if that is your interest.

w/o looking at your system a GPU upgrade or something else may work better. Or save your funds to assist with the Phenom upgrade when it's available.

I have 8600GTS Gainward golden sample (725, 2200), and i can play every game in full details at 1024x768 ( i have 19'' CRT). So for now i would not buy 8800 or 2900, until their price is that high. I thought x2 5000 black edition ( which can run at 3GHz without any problem) could bring me a little improvment without much $.
!