I need help overclocking! New to AMD

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
I cant figure out how to overclock This AMD 2300 BE, I read it should go from 2.0 GHZ stock to 2.5 GHZ on stock air. I got 15 FPS on crysis with integrated graphics, im sure if i can push the Cpu a little more i can get crysis to the playable mark. Crysis was free as fry's didnt charge me for it (first time for luck to hit me). I have overclocked my Pentium D 805 with ease from 2.66 GHZ to 3.6 GHZ on stock air and voltage. I am guessing AMD calls their clock frequency something else? my mobo is a geforce7050m-m with 2 Gigs of ram. What i am asking is what tab in the bios (when i first enter bios) do i click on and what is the thing called that changes cpu frequency. I can change AMD's HT thing to 200 400 600 800 1000, but that obviously is not the cpu frequncy, and i can change ram timings. Just cant find that blasted cpu frequency. I have overclocked cerlerons and p4's and pD's easily but i have never had such a head ach trying to figure this out. If you guys cant help ill prob just take it back and get an Intel E2160.

mtalonm

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
To keep it from clocking down turn off Cool 'n' Quiet. It is an AMD function that underclocks your processor at idle to save power. It should be turned off AFAIK to overclock.

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
ok i found it, was called AMD CnQ. but i still cant find anything to change the frequency of the Cpu, only the HT transport.

Come on i hear Amd fanboi's bashing Intel on this forum all the time and yet they wont spend a simple minute to help me. If i said Intel4Life would it make someone help me faster? Or if i said AMD4Life would someone help me faster?

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
It is an ECS mobo and i have had no problems overclocking on my past 2 Ecs mobos. They were both intel (Celeron and Pentium D). You think ECS just stopped allowing overclocks?

astrotrain1000

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
I'm new to overclocking but I found Ican easily overclock my 4400+ on my Biostar MB. I think that it is your mother board. It might be that you got some OEM motherboard that not's intended to overclock. Perhaps check the ECS website for a BIOS update and maybe that will allow it.